Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Money Withdrawal Strategy

I keep 30 BIs + 10hrs coaching moneies online, withdrawl wateva i have ontop of that at the end of the month.

If your a winning player and can easily get money online (ie. non-american, or can do live for online swaps with people) then keeping anything more online is pretty stupid
Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a big level? I don't get it.. taking out $200 a week playing 3/6 and 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe OP is a poo flinger...
Old 11-10-2007, 12:50 PM

i withdraw living expenses ($2500 or so) and then 10% of my month's earn after living expenses, which i get to spend on shiny stuff. I also keep 6 months living expenses in the bank... if I don't make living expenses in a particular month I live off of that.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 PM

Another strategy would be to take out your earn on 2 specific days, like the 1st and 15th of the month.

You can work it so that the funds you pull are either fixed amounts (say $500 each shot), or earn dependent, like 20% of what you made up to that point.

Either way you still have 2 *pay days* to look forward to, and you build your roll automatically.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:22 PM

We should distinguish between: - static trading strategies: one only needs to trade at the beginning and at the end to ensure the payoff. - dynamic trading strategies: between the start and the maturity of the derivative, one needs to trade more than once to ensure the payoff at maturity. A good example is the constant proportion portfolio insurance (CPPI), but options with intermediary observation dates or digital features checked on a regular basis also fall into this category.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 PM

This question can only answered if we know what your long term strategy is for poker. You said, "I'd like to build my roll". This is not a strategy, this is stating the obvious. No one says, "I'd like to lose my roll, preferably over the next 8 months".

If you're happy playing the limits you're at and have very little desire to move up, then withdraw 90-100% of your winnings. If you think you can beat the bigger games and want to ensure you have enough $$ online to weather a downswing, then withdraw 0% of your winnings. If you want to take a shot at 10/20, then look at your win rates and figure out how much you need to keep online in order to have x BB for 10/20 by some date in the future. If you want to buy a nice new laptop, withdraw $800-1500 for it.

You don't need anyone on 2+2 how you should spend your own money. This is not rocket science.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:02 PM

This answer cannot always be questioned if we don't know what my short term strategy is for everything besides screwing gooses. You didn't say, "I'd hate to build any roll". This is a strategy, this isn't stating the penumbrous. Everyone screams, "I'd hate to build his roll, alas under the former -8 seconds".

If you're not unhappy screwing those gooses, then the limits you're at how many you work on a day, and have very little desire to move even further up the hole, then deposit 90-100% of raped-to-death-goose-corpses. If you think you can beat off even on corpses and want to ensure you have enough goose on a line to weather a downswing, then deposit 0% of your salary as professional goose-raper. If you want to take a shot at 10/20 gooses at once, then look at your sperm-meter and how much you need to keep online in order to have enough sperm for this. If you want to buy a nice new corpse-container, withdraw 800-1500 gooses for it.

You don't need anyone on 2+2 how you should spend your own sperm. This is rocket science.

Hmm, goosaments
Old 11-10-2007, 04:39 PM

id say pull off 1/4 of your full winnings bi-weekly, its like your getting paid at a real job!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 PM

this all depends on your preferences of course and no one can give you a better idea of what to do than yourself.
but it looks like youre just lookin for some food for thought so heres my 'system': i dont need the money for living expenses so i just withdraw whenever i reach a certain amount. I keep about minimum 40 buyins online and withdraw whenever i get over 60ish. but if i was playin 3/6 and 5/10 lmt id probly not withdraw until i have a roll for 15/30, or as high a limit as you can beat or are comfortable playin
Old 11-10-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
withdrawl rent. hope i can make it again next month. trade sex for food.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, thats what I do too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the going rate for a can of corn?

[/ QUOTE ]

a five minute spooning. potatos wont fetch much more. green vegetables, red meats!