5 0 0%
6 1 7.14%
7 0 0%
8 3 21.43%
9 2 14.29%
10 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 7)

[ QUOTE ]
Grady Jackson was let go because he refused to practice during the week and wouldn't follow the scheme. He got beat for being out of position as often as he made a big play. And he sued the team in the offseason. Someone needed to be made an example since docking DHall $100k didn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut for not following the scheme? He plays defensive tackle. If a defensive end rushes upfield with umpunity (like, say, Freeney) you can abuse it with the right plays. If a defensive tackle is getting great upfield push, it's a good thing, not a bad thing. Unless he's doing ridiculous stuff like stunting when he's not supposed to, how is he out of position?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you still think the Saints are going to end up the 4th worst team in the NFC? You think they'll end up behind Carolina, because the Panthers are getting QB maestro David Carr back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m guessing he thinks the Saints will finish behind Carolina because the Panthers have a 2 game lead on them.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Carolina is 2 games up. That's the big reason.

They're not better than the Eagles.

They're not better than the Vikings either.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM

I would move Seattle and Arizona way down.

Just kidding everyone. I agree with this list completely.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM

I think Detroit makes the playoffs and AZ wins the West.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you still think the Saints are going to end up the 4th worst team in the NFC? You think they'll end up behind Carolina, because the Panthers are getting QB maestro David Carr back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I"m guessing he thinks the Saints will finish behind Carolina because the Panthers have a 2 game lead on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
The hardest game the Saints have left is home against Jacksonville, the next hardest is either at Houston, at Carolina, or at Chicago.

Carolina has Indy, Dallas and Seattle at home and home, and Tennessee, Jacksonville, Green Bay and Tampa on the road. Lol at a 2 game lead meaning anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you still think the Saints are going to end up the 4th worst team in the NFC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, so far, they have been the 4th worst team in the NFC. Why are they going to improve?

[ QUOTE ]
You think they'll end up behind Carolina, because the Panthers are getting QB maestro David Carr back?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they'll end up behind Carolina because Carolina is 4-2 right now and the Saints are 2-4. And because Carolina is better.

[ QUOTE ]
They have an easier schedule than the Vikings and are a better, more rounded team. I'm not sure if they are better than the Eagles but they have an easier schedule for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they aren't. Minnesota is 15th in DVOA and 16th in Sagarin. New Orleans is 26th and 23rd. And they're definitely not better than the Eagles (13th and 13th).

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me if you keep moving them up one spot week after week as they are beating the likes of the 49ers and the Rams while the other teams are losing you really aren't projecting anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't even played the 49ers or Rams [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Anyway, they flip-flopped back and forth a little with Atlanta, then they beat them, so now they're definitely ahead of Atlanta. And it's become inreasingly apparent that they're better than San Fran, so they jumped them this week as well. It's pretty hard to make an argument that they're any better than where they are.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They haven't even played the 49ers or Rams [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Anyway, they flip-flopped back and forth a little with Atlanta. And it's become inreasingly apparent that they're better than San Fran, so they jumped them this week as well. It's pretty hard to make an argument that they're any better than where they are.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I'm saying. There is no thought to the future in your rankings. They haven't played 9ers or Rams yet, but they will, and they should win easily. Neither Carolina, nor the Eagles, nor the Vikings have these kinds of luxuries left in their schedule, while the Saints have a few.

From what I understand your rankings are supposed to be projective, showing where the teams will end up. There is nothing projective that I have seen. You aren't factoring in strengths of schedules at all, you are merely rehashing Sagarin and other performance based power rankings. Carolina would have to be way better than the Saints to maintain a two game lead given the disparity between the teams they have to play vs who the Saints have to play. I don't think they are that much better. To "project" the Panthers as behind the Saints when they are actually behind instead of when they were two games ahead is pretty weak in my book.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds.php

MEAN WINS

CAR: 8.3
DET: 8.0
ARI: 7.8
Minny: 7.3
Philly: 7.1
Chicago: 6.7
NO: 6.5

MY RECORD PREDICTIONS

CAR: 8-8
ARI: 8-8
DET: 7-9
CHI: 7-9
PHI: 6-10
MIN: 6-10
NO: 6-10

I mean, seriously, wtf, it is predictive and they're right where they should be.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 PM

Fink please to be not making us wait so long for these rankings, my f5 key is almost broken.

Also, very good rankings. Pretty much shows perfectly the horrible state of the NFC currently.