Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn, good thread. the criminilization of drugs is one of the US's worst social injustices.

what were the circumstances of your arrest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you can think of ten worst social injustices than the current drug laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you didnt read my post.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R,

Speaking of that cornbread, prison movie vs. reality question.

Some guy (maybe this Cali guy you described or some black guy) grabs some of your food.

What are your options here?

Sounds like you are f'd if you fight him.

If you let him take the food, what next?

If someone like that decides to mess w/ you and you aren't affiliated with a group, are you pretty much just screwed?

How often does this kind of thing come up and how does it usually end up?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, I fell asleep right as I was remembering the other option. Within the IDOC, there is a PC (protective custody) system. The prison counselors/guards/etc are extremely reluctant to send anyone there. Basically, it's a lockdown bank of cells designed to keep prisoners away from inmates in the general pop. I heard that some of the other people threatened by Claifornia ended up in PC. They had to request it and get it approved.

So, there is always the chance of going to PC. Basically, you don't get to circulate, use yard time, get out of your cell nearly as often after you goto PC. IIRC, you cannot leave PC for general pop once you are in PC.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost afraid to ask, but what would happen to a true skinny nerdy white dude who ended up in your position? Would he have any options besides becoming a human punching bag or worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

finding a way to get a slight beating and ending up in protective custody would be the best route for survival. It's also hugely important to have a network of family and friends to write to you and keep you excited about your life 'prospects.'
Old 12-11-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this link (http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/inms.asp) is interesting. I'm just searching random last names and browsing photos and fascinated by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget to check your birthday. there are 10 listing for mine. one dude with my bd...R17208 - WILLIS, EDDIE

MARKS, SCARS, & TATTOOS
MISSING FINGER(S), RIGHT HAND - ALL FINGERS/THUMB MISSING
MISSING FINGER(S), LEFT HAND - ALL FINGERS/THUMB MISSING
MISSING FOOT, RIGHT - BIG TOE/SECOND TOE MISSING

wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

that site is so much fun
Old 12-11-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vikefan,

no professionals as far as i know. the ink comes from rubbing dominos on the pavement and gathering the dust. the needle is from a staple from a magizane spine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I had never heard that.. myturn, did you see this going on?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Were there any open/obvious/known homosexuals? Were all of them punks? Would everyone know that a prisoner was a punk? Were the punks open about their status?

[/ QUOTE ]

open homosexuals do not last long. Guys go after them for status. These guys get removed lightning quick from the rest of the population for everyone's safety. It's well known who is leaning that way and they are gone in a sec. the homosexuals differ greatly from the rapists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain the part in italics.

Do you think a gay man would be better off being upfront with prison staff about his orientation or would it be better to try and hide it assiduously?

Where did you get the materials to study chess openings? Were there chess books in the library or did you get these from friends/family?

Did people play mostly blitz or slow or what?

What opening do you favor as white? As black? Assume a match in prison if this changes your answer!

[/ QUOTE ]

italicized part--gay is gay, and it isn't respected among your general homophobic population. Someone would get alot of props for beating on a gay dude. BTW, just cause a guy rapes another guy in prison, that doesn't mean he is gay. It's weird.

A homosexual man's best plan is to tell the prison counselours his orientation upon admission to the system. They can then farm him out to the appropriate safest place for himself and the guards.

I picked up chess from the books in the minimum security prison. There was a book of standard openings and defenses. There was also a book of great matches from the past. I got a few books from my family, but stopped even trying that route. Many were rejected for their covers or 'lost' in processing. It sucks....oh yeah, your mail is read and sifted through before it is deliverd.

Most people played very slow styles. They had all day to take up.

I enjoyed forcing king's indian or sicilian dragon on my opponents there as it went against the grain. I by now means was ever that good. With a year time of tooling with it, I was upto mid 1600s.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost afraid to ask, but what would happen to a true skinny nerdy white dude who ended up in your position? Would he have any options besides becoming a human punching bag or worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

get with the arians, or goto protective custody.

don't ever state that you object with certain other affiliated peoples' violent and anti-social tendencies. You'll see and hear alot of stuff that will make you cringe, but it is unwise to ever judge others in the prison system. Keep your mouth shut and eyes open.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My sister was locked up at vienna. She was in the bootcamp though, its not the same grounds but is the same admin. The bootcamp was minminmin-sec.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am familiar. The male bootcampers would occassionally come through the regular prison gates for a day or two and do menial tasks. I kind of wish I was given the bootcamp option, but it's for people who have more time to do and the state's attorney wanted me to do 'real' time.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you see any benefit in claiming that your were HIV positive? I am assuming that you would be treated as a leper and other inmates may just leave you alone in all respects.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah....i don't think it will dissuade the lifers from going after the meat that much. Your best bet is to make yourself as unattractive and uneffiminate as possible. Grow an unkept beard. Keep some body order on you. don't wash fully up, etc. The problem is the guards and warden want a [censored] and span place, so there is a line to balance.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this link (http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/inms.asp) is interesting. I'm just searching random last names and browsing photos and fascinated by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget to check your birthday. there are 10 listing for mine. one dude with my bd..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, six people match my exact birthdate in that prison. WTF?

Ray