Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: AA - Low coordinated board

[ QUOTE ]
I don't yet understand why you want to be more committed pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you have the best hand. The more money they put in when you have the best hand, the more money you win long run. Also, generally, the more money in the pot preflop, the worse hands they stackoff postflop.

[ QUOTE ]

Why is this the case??

Why does 10% of your stack in pre flop mean you should auto go in post flop??

[/ QUOTE ]

First lemme say, I hope you're not interpretting what I'm saying as "open-shove" any flop, because that's not at all it. Second, it's not auto, and you shouldn't ignore hand-reading entirely, but it's almost auto on a big chunk of flops (this one is a good example).

Think about it. Suppose 100x stacks and there are three limpers (3 BB), you raise 10x (10 BB) from the SB with Aces, big blind folds (1 BB), one limper calls (9 BB). So pot is already 23BB. On almost every flop, you're gonna be c-betting 17 or so BBs. At that point you'll have 27BBs invested and 73 BBs behind. It's difficult for you not to be committed at this point with an overpair. Let's take a look at one of the examples you gave.

[ QUOTE ]

What if flop is 3 spades giving made flush to villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, assume Villain limp-called our 10x raise with suited connectors. He only has like a 6% chance of outflopping us. However, we forced him to pay 10% of his stack to hit. So even if we pay him off EVERY SINGLE TIME he outflops us, he still loses money longrun (and we win money long run)