Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Blackwater in a time of peace

[ QUOTE ]
My answer to the last one, to all Blackwater employess, since you are unlawful combatants or mercenaries, driven by greed (Well, you could always join the army, of course, you would not be paid as much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They did. They served anywhere from 10-20 years, then retired. If you'd researched them, you'd be aware of that.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My answer to the last one, to all Blackwater employess, since you are unlawful combatants or mercenaries, driven by greed (Well, you could always join the army, of course, you would not be paid as much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They did. They served anywhere from 10-20 years, then retired. If you'd researched them, you'd be aware of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So greed, rather than patriotism took over after 10 to 20 years in the army??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well I do understand how that's possible.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So greed, rather than patriotism took over after 10 to 20 years in the army??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Well I do understand how that's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand people like you. Why on Earth do people like you automatically assume you're the worst kind of person because you retired from the military and decided to use the skills you learned there to provide food for your family?

What in the hell is possibly wrong with earning a living? People earning an amount equal to the worth of the job they do is "greed" to you?

Utter insanity.

Edited to add
And many of these guys didn't retire volutarily, they were forced, because they couldn't pass the physical anymore. As I told you the last time you started in on Blackwater, these aren't your everyday run of the mill infantrymen, these are the best of the best of the Special Forces, these are the Seals, the Rangers, Force Recon, etc.

These are the men who wake up (while in the service) at 3:30am, run 15 miles, do 1000 pushups, 1000 situps, then go eat breakfast and then spend all morning training with their rifles then eat lunch and go spend 4 or 5 hours in brutal hand to hand combat training.

After 20 years of that, your body would probably begin to deteriorate too.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand people like you. Why on Earth do people like you automatically assume you're the worst kind of person because you retired from the military and decided to use the skills you learned there to provide food for your family?

What in the hell is possibly wrong with earning a living? People earning an amount equal to the worth of the job they do is "greed" to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand is that you are treating the world one way, jail all "suspected" unlawful combatants for years in Guantanamo Bay, no due legal process, probably subjecting most of them to torture, yet "if" they fought they didn't do it for the money. Should a US citizen choose to be a mercenary or unlawful combatant, he should be allowed to provide for his family. I guess he could be a pimp too, to provide for his family, or a mafiosi, or a drug pusher, or any other type of commonly, regarded as criminal, occupations.

Utter insanity.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand is that you are treating the world one way, jail all "suspected" unlawful combattants for years in Guantanamo Bay, probably subjecting most of the to torture, yet "if" the fought they didn't do it fro the money. Should a US citizen choose to be a mercenary or unlawful combatant, he should be allowed to provide for his family. I guess he could be a pimp too, to provide for his family, or a mafiosi, or a drug pusher, or any other type of commonly, regarded as criminal, occupations.

Utter insanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please link up an article about a Blackwater security agent capturing anyone in Guantanamo. I know you don't usually know much about the topics you speak of, particularly those concerning the US, so I'll help you out. The United States Military is responsible for that.

These Blackwater guys, they're not out taking over cities, they're running convoys from city to city, helping people get supplies they couldn't get because religious zealots blow up any large truck they see, and protecting heads of state.

No Blackwater security agent has ever captured anyone who is incarcerated in Guantanamo. Nice try, no one with a brain would buy it.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please link up an article about a Blackwater security agent capturing anyone in Guantanamo. I know you don't usually know much about the topics you speak of, particularly those concerning the US, so I'll help you out. The United States Military is responsible for that.

These Blackwater guys, they're not out taking over cities, they're running convoys from city to city, helping people get supplies they couldn't get because religious zealots blow up any large truck they see, and protecting heads of state.

No Blackwater security agent has ever captured anyone who is incarcerated in Guantanamo. Nice try, no one with a brain would buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything of the kind! I was suggesting that should Blackwater personel be arrested/captured by the enemy, I would understand why they would be treated as "suspected" combatants were treated by the US in Guantanamo Bay,as just what they are; mere mercenaries, goons, guns for hire, worse than pimps. Surely so, according to the Geneva convention (I nearly gorgot you cannot invoke the geneva convention against US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 11-03-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything of the kind! I was suggesting that should Blackwater personel be arrested/captured by the enemy, I would understand why they would be treated as "suspected" combatants were treated by the US in Guantanamo Bay,as just what they are; mere mercenaries, goons, guns for hire, worse than pimps. Surely so, according to the Geneva convention (I nearly gorgot you cannot invoke the geneva convention against US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have yet to read of an incident where a US soldier was captured by the enemy in Iraq treated anywhere close to as well as combatants are treated in Guantanamo, let alone a Blackwater security agent captured and held to the Geneva Convention.

We may get rougher than you feel is needed, which is an opinion I share, although we probably disagree on what "is needed" but I still have yet to see a story of US Military Police personnel beheading someone on video and shipping it to the media.

Do you think that it is acceptable to allow people to starve because religious nutcases wants to blow up trucks?

These trucks they destroy with IED's are often filled with essentials for survival OF THE IRAQI PEOPLE, food, water, diapers, you know, things that everybody needs. Guess what. Blackwater convoys transport those things too. Along with lumber, construction supplies, etc.

We're getting off topic here. To get back on point, have you ever visited Blackwaters website? Link. Check it out. You'll see what they have to offer.

Security in a warzone is a scary business. They are hated by the insurgents because they are a much bigger threat to them than the US Military can be.

Blackwater cannot fail because, unlike the US Military, if Blackwater fails, the government will not just keep throwing money at them, they will fire them.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I still have yet to read of an incident where a US soldier was captured by the enemy in Iraq treated anywhere close to as well as combatants are treated in Guantanamo, let alone a Blackwater security agent captured and held to the Geneva Convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, the US doesn't treats unlawful combatant according to the Geneva convention, it is really much to expect mercenaries to be treated any better by any other sovereign country.

[ QUOTE ]
We may get rougher than you feel is needed, which is an opinion I share, although we probably disagree on what "is needed" but I still have yet to see a story of US Military Police personnel beheading someone on video and shipping it to the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

No much better kill women and children and then try to cover it up! By the way I am not singling out the US military police, I am holding the entire military infrastructure, lawful or unlawful (mercenaries) to account.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that it is acceptable to allow people to starve because religious nutcases wants to blow up trucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No neither do I think 500,000+ civilian casualties to oust a regime that might not be quite the fashion anymore, although it definitely was a friend of the US, acceptable either.

[ QUOTE ]
Blackwater cannot fail because, unlike the US Military, if Blackwater fails, the government will not just keep throwing money at them, they will fire them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that Blackwater fails and cost the greedy investors their lifestyles, and I think it is a distinct possibility should either the US government wake up to its moral authority or should the world opinion wake up to the monstrosity of greedy capital in times of unwarranted war and apply enough pressure.

I mean much bigger, and even less ethical companies, like Enron did ultimately fail too, and it is far from the only one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's the part I like about capitalism, nobody is exempt.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the part I like about capitalism, nobody is exempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow MidGe, I had no idea you liked capitalism at all.

I understand where you're trying to go with this, but I will not follow. You're trying to turn a thread about Blackwater into a thread about the Iraq war, and I'm not going to assist you in going down that road.

I understand your point about the Iraq war, and coincidentally agree that the Iraq war is stupid and wrong. However, that has nothing to do with Blackwater, who is just over there transporting convoys and people.

These hijacks are getting old. Please make all future responses in this thread directly concern Blackwater, and not the US military in general. Everyone here knows you hate America, but we're not talking about America, or current events concerning the Iraq war, we're talking about what Blackwater will do when the Iraq war ends.

My point is, if you've got a problem with Blackwater, I'd love to hear it and debate you on that point. However, every post you've made thus far in this thread has been far more critical of the US military than of Blackwater USA.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are mercenaries for hire and there are enough conflicts in the world to keep them busy if our country is somehow at peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this hilarious. I'm going to make a statement, let you bitch, then I'm going to explain why I'm right.

Blackwater employees have never killed anyone, in any conflict, anywhere in the world, while employed by Blackwater.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate or are you a lawyer and going to give a very narrow definition of "confict", "employed" or "employees." I can site recent news events, but those should be known to everyone here.