Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Why is 2p2 so big?

The 2p2 suck IMO. They look sooooo bad. The site is set out so bad. It looks like it was made in the stone ages and so much **** is posted.
there are so many "nice post" posts made.

what's the big deal with 2p2? is there something i'm missing? i know there is a lot of knowledge here, but why is that knowledge here. why isn't at a place like ftr or some other poker forum that has a nice layout and looks like it was made this millenium?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Why is 2p2 so big?

nice post
Old 05-20-2007, 03:47 PM

I think you should be more concerned with the quality of posts than how pretty the forums look.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should be more concerned with the quality of posts than how pretty the forums look.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok. so is the quality of post here the best on the net?
i just don't understand why the look of the site hasn't been updated. i would like to be a part of 2p2, but it is just sooooo much harder to navigate through.
especially when there are 50 pages of replies. how can you learn anything useful from that? there might be 100s of posts between pages 5 and 45, but i'm never going to know about them unless i'm willing to spend 20hrs reading thru 10 billion posts - most of which are crap
Old 05-20-2007, 03:56 PM

OK - I admit - the layout is slightly special but you get used to it pretty quickly - as for the posts - I would say that the best resource for quality poker information on the whole internet is contained in the 2p2 stickies. Have a look in the stickies of the forum relevant to your game and read through all the stickies - that is where all the best posts are and they are gold. As for the rest of 2p2 - there are a lot of 'is this standard' type posts but also some interesting hand discussions.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:57 PM

thanks. this should help me a lot
Old 05-20-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ok. so is the quality of post here the best on the net?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in the strategy forums. The poker boom has brought in loads of morons and idiots, but they generally are posting asinine junk in the Other Topics forums and NVG. Don't like it? Ignore it. Simple stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

i just don't understand why the look of the site hasn't been updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty and simple often don't go together. If you read the forums in Flat Mode rather than Threaded and only show the sections and forums you're interested in, then it becomes easier to use.

There was an effort a month or two ago to roll out new, pretty forum software and it failed due to load.

Additionally, I suggest not spending a ton of time on huge threads with many, many pages. What do you expect to find in those? Those are mostly poker kiddies comparing penis size rather than actually saying something.

Pick the forums you think will help you and read those. You'll soon learn which posters to listen to.

Finally, popping up as rank newbie and criticizing a community that exists to help you is pretty bad form. Welcome to 2+2, I hope you find something here that interests you.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, popping up as rank newbie and criticizing a community that exists to help you is pretty bad form. Welcome to 2+2, I hope you find something here that interests you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. come on. I wanted proper answers like the 1st half of your post. I didn't make the post to criticize. I made the post to try and learn something.
I know that 2p2 is full of great poker minds. I just didn't understand why they all chose to come to 2p2. Your posts have guided me though. Thanks.

I started reading through some of the stickies. There is so much good content posted here it's mind boggling.

Also, when I said that the site needed an update. I meant that it should be made simpler to use and slightly prettier. Simplicity is the most important thing though. And 2p2 is definitely not simple
Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 PM

YEP !!! I AGREE
Old 05-20-2007, 05:19 PM

There is a plethora of solid information about poker, scattered throughout these forums. I for one am very appreciative of the help I have received here and the help I expect to receive in the future.

In the process I have run across all types of posters, from the mean spirited trolls who typically are very sarcastic to the very humble types who assume nothing.

By reading your post (and reading into it your level of poker knowledge and experience) and from the style and content of your questions: I deduce you have more right to be humble than most but lack the talent for it.

Welcome to the forum.