Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 11:40 PM

Default AK vs. aggro

villan is aggro. He is on several of my tables, and runs like 25/20/4 and he and I have played alot of PF battles but rarely taking a flop. He 3-bets light as do I, and I have 4-bet a few times as well (he has done it once).

My plan was to c/f the turn typically. Do you bet this river, hoping to get some value vs. a Q? Or is this a c/c?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $384
orange: $505.55
CO: $219.30
Button: $275.55
SB: $147.55
BB: $200

Pre-flop: (6 players) orange is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">orange raises to $9</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($30, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">orange bets $20</font>, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($70, 2 players)
orange checks, Button checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($70, 2 players)
orange ?

Converter screwed up a bit. River bet or check?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: AK vs. aggro

I think an aggro villian almost always bets a better hand (67, 2 clubs, KQ, set) when checked to on turn. I think you can get value out of a Q or maybe even a medium pocket pair
Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure I C/C here. He has to know you can't call an all in, and I'm thinking he has the balls to pull the trigger.

I also think he fires a lot with trash here.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:39 AM

i dont thinks hes calling with anything much here. much more likly to have nothing at all and fold, or raise (with or without a hand, which sucks for you). plus hes likely to bet with his air hands if checked as well.

so ch/call
Old 11-05-2006, 12:45 AM

Given his line, he's probably weak. A flush nor set makes little sense based on his play. 67s is a definite possibility as is KQs/QJs or total air if he was floating you. Either way this is a clear check and possibly call.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:46 AM

There are a lot of players who seem to have a default assumption, and that is that a preflop raise from an opponent means AK. That K has to scare him if he has a pair of Qs. Leading folds him out, or gives him a chance to abuse your concern that he would only raise with a hand that beats AK.

This makes it a c/c for me.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:35 AM

if you check, villain is betting everything thats ahead of you and checks behind everything else. He's never betting air here (would've done it on the turn).

Bet. He checked behind on the turn with a Q or a middle PP for pot control and will call a bet here cuz "he induced it"
Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you check, villain is betting everything thats ahead of you and checks behind everything else. He's never betting air here (would've done it on the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero bet 2/3 on flop, and checked turn. If hero checks agains on river, lots of worse hands will bet. I like c/c here unless villain is passive station.