Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: \"The Prestige\" wtf? (spoilers)

no clone was hiding in a tank. When he used the machine, a clone would appear at the back of the theatre, and the original wolverine would drop through the trap door and kill himself, every night.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:21 AM

So the one in the tank was the original? Did he use the machine right before Bale showed up?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the thread for people who've seen the Prestige. If you haven't seen it and don't want the experience spoiled, bounce.

Okay. I give this movie a 6.5/10. If they cut 90% that "do you love me" [censored] I would have given it an 8. Pretty cool movie but wtf was the deal with the "there's still something you need to figure out" speech at the end. Gay. Also the death of Jackman's original wife and subsequent "I don't remember" defense don't make sense.

Holes? Theories?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "do you love me" actually had a point to the movie. It ties in very nicely with the fact that there were two Bordens.

The best part of this movie was that there were constant twists and turns, and all of them were logical within the premise. Also, the finale ties together all these twists and turns in a logical, coherent manner.

The acting was also superb and I've got the biggest man crush on Bale. At no point in the movie did you think he had any Batman or Bruce Wayne-ism to his Borden charcter.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the one in the tank was the original? Did he use the machine right before Bale showed up?

[/ QUOTE ]

every night he preformed a clone died.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Knew it was a identical twin brother half-way thru becuase the whole old chinese man thing. But I still thought it was a really cool movie. I just wish they could somehow make the plot work without the make-believe sci-fi part but theres no realistic way that could work so the cloning this is what we are left with.

Thing that im wondering is if Cutter knew about the twins the entire time, becuase at the end he didnt seem surprised at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait so that guy is a twin not a clone?

I thought that he had somehow used the machine to make a clone. I find the ending much sadder if a twin died instead of a close although I guess its the same thing.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 AM

Also, I happened to enjoy the movie more after my buddy told me about Tesla and how this movie works because of the time period.

Of course now, we know how electricity works, but back then, it was still some what mystical. Telsa was a guy who made outlandish claims about what he could do with electricity - notably, he also made claims that he could make a teleportation machine with electricity.

So judging by that time period, this movie does fit in to the realm of the time period's reality.

Great stuff.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knew it was a identical twin brother half-way thru becuase the whole old chinese man thing. But I still thought it was a really cool movie. I just wish they could somehow make the plot work without the make-believe sci-fi part but theres no realistic way that could work so the cloning this is what we are left with.

Thing that im wondering is if Cutter knew about the twins the entire time, becuase at the end he didnt seem surprised at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that he had somehow used the machine to make a clone. I find the ending much sadder if a twin died instead of a close although I guess its the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borden was a natural twin. The machine that Tesla made him only made sparks etc, but didn't do what Angier's did.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Borden was a natural twin. The machine that Tesla made him only made sparks etc, but didn't do what Angier's did.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow now im sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about this. I was under the impression that Bale had a clone of himself made accidentally when he went to Teslas first expo and eveyone ran out of the room from the sparks flying but Bale stayed behind.

This of course happened before he started doing the transported man trick but it wasn't shown until much later in the movie.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about this. I was under the impression that Bale had a clone of himself made accidentally when he went to Teslas first expo and eveyone ran out of the room from the sparks flying but Bale stayed behind.

This of course happened before he started doing the transported man trick but it wasn't shown until much later in the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Borden was a natural twin. Angier wanted to pay Tesla very heavily for a "new machine" (obviously we don't find out what the new machine was until it was revealed at the end).

The new machine (that made the duplicates) wasn't even close to being built at the time Borden went to Telsa.