Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: College Football Thread

The Crimson Tide will win 9 games this year. Yeah that's right let the haters hate. Saban this and that and he's Nick Satan and he's gonna leave in 2 years and he's too tough on players and yadda yadda yadda. Well you know what, I like him and I'm very happy that we got a ball buster who has winning as his top priority as our coach.

Its funny bc our offense looks pretty damn good. JP Wilson (QB) is coming back for his 2nd year as a starter and he had a decent year last year IMO. He made some rookie mistakes but that's to be expected. Both starting WRs, HAll and Brown are back, best wideouts I've ever seen Bama have. Lost our starting RB, but his backup (Jimmy Johns) is a better player anyways. And for once our O line is returning everyone (I think) and they look like a unit for once.

The D however might not be as top notch as is typical for Bama. Only 1 returning LB, D line needs help. But the New D coordinator from FSU is supposed to be installing a 3-4 this year so we will see what happens. I only know 1 guy in the secondary whos coming back, Simeon Castille, but hes very good and probably will play on Sunday.

Playing LSU in Tuscaloosa will be a good game and of course going to Auburn is always huge. At least Auburn can't pencil in a W preseason this year. And I think I'm gonna go to the game against FSU which is supposedly at a "neutral" site (Jacksonville lol).

As usual Im really looking around to SEC football this year. I think Spurrier is gonna finally go from playing some close games this year to getting some close wins. And I dont expect Ark to be nearly as formidable as last year. 9 guys in the box at all times and even McFadden can't beat you.