Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Should I quit poker? Help me analyze my PT stats

Then go and do it.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:04 PM

If you're looking for a serious response, it should be obvious. Up to $1 NL you are killing...over 20K hands and probably 20bb/100. This is standard stuff, you're not good enough to move up yet. Do you really need to post your results to realize this?

Take your time...make $1 NL your home and take small shots at $2 NL until you are winning more comfortably. As far as "input", you are playing a few too many hands. You're a maniac preflop and the people playing at the higher limits are running over it.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 PM

See the pattern?

Old 05-20-2007, 06:33 PM

Hehe yea, nice graph. When I tilt I play loose as hell. Gonna try TAG'ing up some. Thanks for the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hehe yea, nice graph. When I tilt I play loose as hell. Gonna try TAG'ing up some. Thanks for the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are prone to tilt you MUST either a) bring your tilt under control and not do it or b) stop playing when you feel yourself tilting.

Tilt will kill you in the short term and the long term.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:56 PM

tighten up a bit and play $100 buy in until you stop tilting. i don't understand how people get on tilt and don't fix the problem. it sucks even worse to get out of control and lose more money. if you know you have a tilt problem then figure out why it happens and get over it. i know it's not that easy but it's something you have to realize is happening and gain control. lighting money on fire is no fun!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Hello OP, what is the software you use to get these stats and is it compatible with FTP and Party?

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Poker Tracker, and yes.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah - Play less hands.

You can't win playing as loose as you are playing especially at the limits you are playing.

Really, as a beginning player your VP$IP should be around 20%. You can call with speculative hands (suited connectors and gappers) in position but don't limp and call raises with them. Really you should try to avoid open limping at all because it puts you in a tough spot (out of position) with your marginal hand when there is a raise behind. Most of the hands you are open limping with you should probably be folding (with the possible exception of pocket pairs). Also you are raising too much. There is no optimal pre-flop raise percentage, but for you anything above 15% is probably too high. Basically, I would shoot for something like 19/12-14/3. As I indicated you can get there by (i) not open limping (folding more), (ii) only raising premium hands out of position, and (iii) only calling raises in position with suited connectors (and gappers, suited aces, pocket pairs, and premium hands (which you could also re-raise) depending on factors such as the raisers tendencies, and the number of other callers.

Also - you are probably playing well beyond your skill level and above the level where you can learn hard lessons cheap. I would love to see you at one of my NL ($6) tables though. In fact, if you were playing 25/50 I would consider sitting in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lucky
Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 PM

Go to full ring and master that game first. Then switch to 6max... Start at 50nl...