Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Default squeeze play failed

villain is 25/16/2 over 150 hands or so
rest of the table where 50VPIP+ donks so we pretty much stayed out of each others way

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $107.40
UTG+1: $215.20
CO: $48.70
Button: $112.60
SB: $139.65
Hero: $112.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, UTG calls, 3 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
Hero ??? should i just give up?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: squeeze play failed

My standard would be to bet ~45 and take it from there. Not exactly sure if its right but I know that chances are he missed the flop as well and you've shown a lot of strength so far so it will be hard for him to call a bet of that size without a fairly good hand.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM

KK and AA are both likely to have re-popped you pre-flop, so while they're still possible, they aren't as likely. AQ+ and 77-QQ are the most likely here. You're way behind that range, so a bet is a pure bluff. Do you know how often he'll call a flop bet with less than top pair or overcards?

I'd probably lead here for about 50 and shut down if he calls.

I don't think a check/fold is terrible at all, either. The pot is large enough relative to stacks that your fold equity isn't as much as it otherwise would be.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My standard would be to bet ~45 and take it from there. Not exactly sure if its right but I know that chances are he missed the flop as well and you've shown a lot of strength so far so it will be hard for him to call a bet of that size without a fairly good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to bet, you might as well just push. Once you bet $45, you can't fold anyway.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to bet, you might as well just push. Once you bet $45, you can't fold anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i'd rather bet/call than open push. Represents AA/KK far better IMO
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i'd rather bet/call than open push. Represents AA/KK far better IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are betting, which im now thinking might not even be right, why would be we calling a push? Woudlnt basically only AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AJ be the only hands pushing?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 PM

Because we'll have odds to continue against that range, right?

I do think villain may have a wider range than that, in any case.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:53 PM

what hand ranges do you guys give him? is TT+ too tight? TT+/AK?

You can only bet/call if you think he can push with air or &lt;TT a decent % of the time which i think villain would have to be insane to do.

Also, $45 is way too big a cbet. Stacks are $83 and pot is $60. $30-35 would have as just as much FE as $45 and a flush draw is such a small part of his range here.