Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: PartySNGHelper v0.12 is now available

Why not include a BetPot feature? or are you guys just using the mouse wheel or an additional script?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM

Juk is da MAN! This is my absolute favorite script in the world!

I would LOVE something to make it easier to spot in an millisecond, what the general situation is at a table.

Display Q/M - or some kind of colorcoding of stacks/players would be so sick!

I am aware of Rolands ChipStackColor (or something like that), but it was too processor-intensive - and I had some problems getting it to work.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not include a BetPot feature? or are you guys just using the mouse wheel or an additional script?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just use the mouse wheel and the push all-in button, but I do run into alot of other people who appear to be using dave's BetPot script (set to full pot). I think though, for SNGs, that you often need finer control over the postflop bet sizes and that why I use the mouse wheel set to half bet increments: I tend to vary my bet sizes based on the texture of the flop, ranging anywhere from 1/2 a pot on a dry board, all the way to a massive overbet push vs fishy chasers.

Also, unless I use the new "Total Pot" text, I would end up having to rip a huge amount of code from BetPot which would end up needing to be updated if/when BetPot does. So in the long run I think the best idea is to keep the BetPot functionality in the original BetPot script (I've also considered ripping some of Roland's TableHighlighter2 script, but decided against for the same reasons).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Juk is da MAN! This is my absolute favorite script in the world!

I would LOVE something to make it easier to spot in an millisecond, what the general situation is at a table.

Display Q/M - or some kind of colorcoding of stacks/players would be so sick!

I am aware of Rolands ChipStackColor (or something like that), but it was too processor-intensive - and I had some problems getting it to work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if Roland's ChipStackColor is too processor intensive then there's not much chance I can make anything better (Roland is WAY better with AHK stuff than me!).

It might just be your graphics card though, as I use an adapted version of Roland's TableHighlighter2 script and it works fine on this PC, but not so good on my old PC... Worth trying on a friends PC just to see if it helps.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 PM

Default A few ideas for new stuff to add

a) One thing I keep meaning to add, but always seem to forget, is something to auto-close the "This seat is already taken" popup that you get when somebody else gets your seat just as you click. I will try and remember to add this for the next version.

b) One other thing I'm thinking of adding, but not 100% sure how yet, is a counter that counts the number of SNGs you've played (or entered) so far. I current base my sessions on the "bot tests" which come every 1.5 hours, but playing a fixed number of SNGs each session would be better.

c) I also might be able to adapt the new dialog that asks if you would like to play another SNG into the script, but just not sure how to make use of it yet.

d) Possibly I can add in something that lets you hold control down as you scroll to do full BB increments and shift to do 1/4 sized BB increments (with 1/2 sized increments as default).

Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: A few ideas for new stuff to add

My peecee is quite powerful, and I have a nasty gfx-card. When I ran it on a few tables it was ok, but when I started up my usual 8, it maxed my CPUs (plural).

But displaying my own Q/M should be a lot less processor-intensive - at least I think so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another feature, that would make me happy: A setting to allow for speed/regular tables. I dont use the helper to join tables currently, because I stopped editing the script to allow for this a few versions back.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Oh, and the obviuos....

Features to allow for set-play/continous play and automaticly buy in to sng's. Like that script for FullTilt, forgot the name...

I think you wrote once, why you did not want to create such a feature, but I cant remember the reason, and thought I would bring it up again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My peecee is quite powerful, and I have a nasty gfx-card. When I ran it on a few tables it was ok, but when I started up my usual 8, it maxed my CPUs (plural).

But displaying my own Q/M should be a lot less processor-intensive - at least I think so. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it will be all that much different - it will require almost the same amount of work to display these on many tables.

[ QUOTE ]
Another feature, that would make me happy: A setting to allow for speed/regular tables. I dont use the helper to join tables currently, because I stopped editing the script to allow for this a few versions back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, this isn't hard to add. I just assumed nearly everyone here played Speeds, but if any more Russians/Brazilians start playing then I might myself be forced to reconsider the benefits of playing Speeds...

Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and the obviuos....

Features to allow for set-play/continous play and automaticly buy in to sng's. Like that script for FullTilt, forgot the name...

I think you wrote once, why you did not want to create such a feature, but I cant remember the reason, and thought I would bring it up again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know a few others have already tried to make SNG openers like you describe, but I don't think any of them have worked stably: it's just too likely to go wrong and end up costing lots (the F11 hotkey can't really do too much damage...).

Also, on Party being able to choose your seat can be a big advantage after you start to realize who the nitty regulars are and the current script pretty much does everything but choose your seat for you (randomized/fixed seat selection would be -EV I think?).

Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM

[x] Most awesome script EVER!

I just switched from playing sets to continous, and just pressing F11 to open a fresh new SNG is so awesome!