Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Huge draw, I exposed my hand

Here is a hand where I exposed my hole cards in a heads up pot. This was a 2/5 NL game, $200 max buy in. The game tends to play pretty loose, and the villian here has been playing pretty loose and getting busted a lot. But generally he is a good player and I do respect his play. I had about $150 in chips, he had about $300 or so.

The pf action was two limps to me in late position and I limped with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villian limped in the CO, and we saw the flop 6 handed ($30 pot). The flop came down 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I bet $30. Villian raised to $75, everyone folded to me. I raised all in. He started thinking, and I turned over my hole cards. I didn't want a call, because it was such a high variance situation. I was either narrowly ahead or narrowly behind, and i figured it to basically be a coin flip situation.

Here was my logic. I had him on A9 or A10, possibly two pair. I was giving up some equity if he had A9 or A10, but i was willing to accept a small loss of equity in this spot. I knew he wouldn't have reraised with two clubs - he would have folded with three guys to act behind him. Also, I he may have had a big ace. I also knew that a call was guranteed if he had a set, if i showed my hand or not. So my purpose was to get him to fold either two pair or pair of aces. Also, I figured that if I called the turn blanked i would be in the position of having to gamble, albeit at the right odds, for hitting the river. So moving in here was the best move IMO. Maybe it was stupid to show my cards, any thoughts?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Huge draw, I exposed my hand

Why did you show your cards when now knowing your hand he has to call and you didn't want one? Unfreakingbelievable.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM

Insanely stupid. You removed any FE in the hand and made him call with any hand except high five.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Insanely stupid. You removed any FE in the hand and made him call with any hand except high five.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2006, 01:22 PM

alright, alright. I posted it so you guys would set me straight. I know it was dumb....
Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 PM

yeah, i know. it was dumb. i know i was wrong, i just needed to be called and idiot...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:27 PM

No way.

You realise that if he was on a total bluff like say J2 and was going to fold he now has an easy call. (He's getting over 4:1 and will win 30% of the time with J2)

Genius
Old 10-05-2006, 01:52 PM

OP,

buy a poker book. read the section on "pot odds."
Old 10-05-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised all in. He started thinking, and I turned over my hole cards. I didn't want a call, because it was such a high variance situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM

No offense Spex, but either this is a silly joke post or about the draftest thing I've seen for ages.