Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

Doyle had the right read. Unfortunately, he read the wrong player.

QFT. You can only put a guy on what he thinks he has.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold with Kd10d on 6d8h3h board - "I've got so many outs it's ridiculous"

How can you guys not find this guy entertaining?

[/ QUOTE ]

best part of this episode btw: PA loling once gold said that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so what you're saying here is ... is that gold made the right decision as well. right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not saying that. Jamie was playing his cards. Is raising with KK from the sb a bad decision when someone is sitting in the bb with AA? Stop being so results oriented.

What I'm simply saying is that Doyle may have been playing 1 bullet and didn't want to jeopardize potentially a large amount of his stack in a marginal situation. Jamie doesn't raise a set or two pair there. He didn't even value bet his straight on the board that three flushed on the river, last week. He either has a flush, or is bluffing. And what flushes can he have that Doyle can beat?

Doyle correctly read Jamie for having a strong flush. Out of the strong flushes Jamie could have (including the 9 high flush, and maybe the 7 high), Doyle is behind. And he folded. This is a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

argh... why do you overcomplicate the game!?
i was not attempting to argue against your point, i agree that doyle was right to fold. what i'm saying is simply.. judging the bettor and the opponent are two different things. in the hand... gold's bet was the "right" move to win the hand. you've in essence said the same thing. yet it seems that it's a violation of the 'know it all' membership policies of this forum to ever credit Jamie Gold specifically for making a single correct play.

after a while it get's old the seeming grade school girl jealousy shown by people concerning this one player.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Doyle's fold seemed perfectly reasonable given the way the hand played out.

However, if he's going to fold to a checkraise and a "read of strength" from a guy like Gold who I am sure he sees as someone who doesn't quite know what he is doing, shouldn't he at least consider a different line.

Seems a little weak, but maybe he should have played the hand for pot control and checked the turn then on a non-threatening river, he could choose to just call a big bet or raise a smaller bet by Gold while being confident that Gold shouldn't 3 bet the river without the nuts.

A line like this should at least be considered in this spot against THIS opponent, when you don't want to play for stacks. I know it's weak, but so is folding and waiting for a better spot which may not happen.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose Antonio had Guy’s hand when Guy flopped the three Jacks, Sammy had the flush draw and David had fives. I don’t think he would have bet the flop and as tight as he’s playing, he still would have lost all his chips. My guess is probably half the players would try to slow play top set in that situation and gone broke. Guy bet cause he didn’t want to get drawn out on, other players might have gambled more and good bye chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt any of the players would have checked that drawy flop with top set. They're not retarded. If it had been checked around,imo depending on the turn action Benyamin would have been good enough to lay his hand down .
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if he's going to fold to a checkraise and a "read of strength" from a guy like Gold who I am sure he sees as someone who doesn't quite know what he is doing, shouldn't he at least consider a different line.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the high strength tells Jamie exuded came afterDoyle's turn bet, so you can't really fault his line.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose Antonio had Guy’s hand when Guy flopped the three Jacks, Sammy had the flush draw and David had fives. I don’t think he would have bet the flop and as tight as he’s playing, he still would have lost all his chips. My guess is probably half the players would try to slow play top set in that situation and gone broke. Guy bet cause he didn’t want to get drawn out on, other players might have gambled more and good bye chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt any of the players would have checked that drawy flop with top set. They're not retarded. If it had been checked around,imo depending on the turn action Benyamin would have been good enough to lay his hand down .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wtf? Why would anyone check that flop?

The only thing I didn't like that Doyle did was his 25K bet into the 20K bet on the turn. This put him in a really tough spot. He should have bet 15K. Then Jaime raises to around 60K which Doyle could have called and evaluated the river.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM

i thought Doyle should have called, but then its hard to be impartial when you know what Jamie had. I think if Doyle doesnt want to get in a big pot with a marginal hand though then i dont understand the turn bet, Jamie rarely ever just calls down there and if you check you give him a chance to bluff on the river like he loves to do, its also a good move against someone who never value bets, which everyone at the table probably picked up on.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Hands that beat Doyle.
QsJs Qs9s Qs7s Qs6s Qs5s Qs3s Qs2s Js9s Js7s Js6s Js5s Js3s Js2s

He had 13th nuts. Good fold imo.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 AM

If Jamie Gold folds the better flush he would be called a nit and everything else. Doyle does it and nothing. Doyle realizes sometimes you fold the better hand. Jamies table talk sounded like he had it too. Show was pretty good.