Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is right?
My friend 3 18.75%
Me 13 81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Married Men: How often do you remove your ring?

I take it off when I play bass, since it interferes with my fretting.

I take it off when I go to sleep, because it's just a touch big, and could slip off (same finger situation as you).

I also just took it off to mail back to the designer, since the gold inlay (it's a titanium ring) just split. Trying to get it fixed. So it's a moot point for the next few weeks for me, I guess.

Oh, I'd also highly recommend taking it off while loading heavy equipment on flatbed trucks. I didn't, and almost lost a finger, once. If you get it caught on something and it moves...not good.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:07 PM

mine has not left my finger since it was placed there 6 months and 18 days ago by my wife.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 05:07 PM

I take mine off before work on Monday morning. Can't wear it at work because of my job. I put it back on on Friday after work and wear it on the weekends. I don't see why you can't wear it at the gym. Maybe you don't wear workout gloves. I never even notice it is on.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:09 PM

I had never worn any kind of jewelry before I got married. Necklaces or rings of any kind bugged the hell out of me. But it took less than a week for me to get used to my wedding ring, and now I don't even notice that it's there. My advice to you would be get a ring that will barely fit over your knuckle, but is designed as such that it can be altered. I wouldn't worry too much about wanting to take it off and it being a hassle - I really don't think you'll find it annoying to just keep it on all the time.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM

I hated wearing mine. I never wore it in the house.

Then one day I got it snagged at work (I deal poker) on the little metal thing that holds the sign that tells you what the game/rake is. I thought I had ripped my finger off--I was unharmed, but it hurt like hell.

I stopped wearing it after that. That bummed my wife. She's the jealous type, and she took great comfort in that "I AM TAKEN" sign on my finger.

The ring was lost in a fire (the apartment building collapsed, and I wasn't going to go sifting for something I didn't want to wear in the first place). I never replaced it. My wife got over it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hated wearing mine. I never wore it in the house.

Then one day I got it snagged at work (I deal poker) on the little metal thing that holds the sign that tells you what the game/rake is. I thought I had ripped my finger off--I was unharmed, but it hurt like hell.

I stopped wearing it after that. That bummed my wife. She's the jealous type, and she took great comfort in that "I AM TAKEN" sign on my finger.

The ring was lost in a fire (the apartment building collapsed, and I wasn't going to go sifting for something I didn't want to wear in the first place). I never replaced it. My wife got over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ring is not a "He's Taken" sign, it's more of a chick magnet. Go anyplace there are horny women and you will get hit on more if you are wearing the ring. Most married woman don't realize this because they receive the exact opposite treatment when they go out.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take mine off before work on Monday morning. Can't wear it at work because of my job. I put it back on on Friday after work and wear it on the weekends. I don't see why you can't wear it at the gym. Maybe you don't wear workout gloves. I never even notice it is on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chip N' Dale Dancer?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:24 PM

I take mine off when I sleep, take a shower, play sports, or shuffle cards. My ring is fairly loose and is easy to slip on and off. I never even wore a watch prior to wearing this ring but you get used to it quickly, and now quite frankly I really enjoy having it on and if I forget to put it on I miss it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 PM

I never take it off, I don't really notice it and am somewhat paranoid about losing it. I put tape over it when I play football with the fellas.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM

we've already done this topic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]