Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Random Starbucks rant

I got a laugh out of this post. As I JUST got home from my interview at a local Starbucks. By the way, Yasher, do you manage/work at a Starbucks or something?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Yasher,

I usually only get a grande caramel frapachino when I go to starbucks. I usually ask for only a little whipped cream and extra caramel. I usually only get a little whipped cream. I usually like it where you can see the caramel on the sides of the cup. What should it look like?

One of the ones I go to has the caramel ketchup container outside so that I can use it. One time it busted open, mess.

Is this standard?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 PM

This would have been better as a trip report.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Yeah, well, that's Starbucks. Small is tall, medium is Grande (large) and large is Venti (20). How come the small size is in English and the others in Italian?

On the other hand, unlike almost everywhere else in the service industry, Starbucks employees are almost universally polite and always say 'thank you.'

Ask some other store's clerk for a thank you and they look like they've never heard of the word.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:01 PM

ab,

I'm a shift supervisor at a local Starbucks. Been at it for awhile now. Pays the bills.

DD,

If you want extra caramel, damnit, make em give it to you! Chances are they're charging you $.35 for it. They shouldn't be however; Howard Schultz himself recently passed down that we need to quit being "caramel nazis."

When you got it with caramel on the sides of the cup, it was because an enterprising barista decided he was gonna make your drink the way he likes to drink it. You can ask for "extra caramel, on the inside of the cup and on top of the whipped cream," and they should do it for you. Also, what may seem like extra caramel to a barista may not seem like extra caramel to you. We're only really supposed to put a few drizzles on top, and lots of people like gobs and gobs of caramel. So maybe you need to ask for "extra extra caramel," or something equally stupid. Barista will probably complain to his partners about it, but he'll do it.

I get fed up with people bringing fraps back and asking for more caramel, and now when I get an order for a caramel frap w/extra caramel, I unscrew the lid of the caramel bottle, pour an assload (amazing, sh*tload is censored) on, and screw the top back on. People seem quite happy with their massive sugar overload.

As to the caramel bottle being out on the condiment bar or wherever: not standard at all, and probably against the rules. Our caramel bottles are quite horribly constructed, and they often bust open, as you've experienced. I'd never give customers access to something as sticky as caramel.

Hopefully this has been helpful.

All,

I should've started an ask me thread when they were big, eh?

yasher
Old 05-01-2006, 03:02 PM

I am fairly new to drinking coffee. The first time I went to Starbucks, I was kinda glad they asked all the questions. I asked a bunch of questions in return because I had know idea what half the menu meant. I still don't.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Me: The Sucker.

B: Thank you Mr Sucker.

Me: Mr, I don't have that. Do you mean Dr, sir?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a shift supervisor at a local Starbucks. Been at it for awhile now. Pays the bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Double toasted, iced, marshmellow breve. Why don't you guys serve this? My sister always gets it, I've tried it, and it's awesome.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM

Sorry to OP for the hijack but here goes...

yasher, I'm a fan of apple cider in general and I've taken a liking to your Carmel Apple Cider on a chilly midwestern winter day, however, I was somewhat surprised when I saw the local starbucks using apple JUICE to make my drink. Is that standard starbucks practice? I would really like it if they used real apple cider in my drink. i think it would taste much better, even though it's pretty good how it currently is.

Thanks for any insights.

KoW
Old 05-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Skeme,

I was never one for drinking half and half, so breve and me don't mix. That being said, marshmallow whatthefuck? Toasted?

You've confused me.

KC,

Juice is completely standard. Treetop 3 Apple Blend, to be specific - at least in my region. That's what gets provided to stores. We used to have something different, but that was in like 2001, before my time. I've always wondered why we didn't use real apple cider.

For reference, a Caramel Apple Cider actually has nothing cidery about it.
Grande Caramel Apple Cider
14 oz Apple Juice, steamed to 140 degrees
4 pumps Cinnamon syrup
Whipped Cream
Caramel Sauce on top of whipped cream

But nobody would buy a Hot Caramel Apple Juice.

yasher