Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL winrates?

[ QUOTE ]
All things being equal, would one make more at 3/6 limit or 1/2NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 NL and its not even close... moreso with those juicy 500 and 1000 buyin games, that is pretty awesome to have those at your disposal... The more I think about it, the average stack is the question I should have also asked. I think a winrate equal to 8-10% of the average stack per hour is attainable by anyone who isnt an idiot monkey, dont even need to be the best at the table
Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 NL and its not even close... moreso with those juicy 500 and 1000 buyin games, that is pretty awesome to have those at your disposal... The more I think about it, the average stack is the question I should have also asked. I think a winrate equal to 8-10% of the average stack per hour is attainable by anyone who isnt an idiot monkey, dont even need to be the best at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

3/6 limit is a card catching contest. You have to catch cards & hope your hand outruns the other 9 idiots chasing you all the way to the river. There's no strategy or hand reading. It's no foldem holdem.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

3/6 limit is a card catching contest. You have to catch cards & hope your hand outruns the other 9 idiots chasing you all the way to the river. There's no strategy or hand reading. It's no foldem holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer you to the small stakes limit forum. Reading some threads on 3.6 will do you well.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing...
Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea places had $1000 buy ins for 1/2NL. Do people buy in for that amount? I think you could make a very decent amount this deep. Seriously, I'm drooling a bit.

[/ QUOTE ] Gold Strike in Tunica has no cap on their 1-2 game. It's not uncommon to see 20k on the felt.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 AM

I sustain a $40/hr winrate at $1-2NL with a $200 buy-in. Next week we shall see what I can do at $1-3NL Caesar's $500 buy-in. I must say though, I well outclass the tables I play at.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sustain a $40/hr winrate at $1-2NL with a $200 buy-in. Next week we shall see what I can do at $1-3NL Caesar's $500 buy-in. I must say though, I well outclass the tables I play at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sustain over what sample size? I can't imagine it's even remotely close to an adequate sample size, because if it was and you really were making a small blind per hand, then you would have moved up to 2-5 already -- unless you bought a faberge egg collection with your bankroll or something.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 AM

90 hours is a pretty small sample size. When your running good it can make your opponent look really bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that they are horrible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 AM

With a $200 buy-in and some mediocre action $15ph should be attainable assuming that the rake is reasonable ($4 cap) and you are toking reasonable amounts. If you tip $5-10 every hand you will probably lose in the long but don’t stiff our hard working dealers. The amount you should expect to make really depends on the stack sizes, your stack, and the action and the game. If people are making huge raises preflop with deep stacks, this will be a very big game even though the blinds are $1/2. I recommend reading professional no-limit holdem and no limit hold’em theory and practice if you want to grind away at $1/2.

Good luck and have fun,
Paul
Old 11-13-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that a 1/2 game with $1K stacks is going to be soft enough to beat for $80-100/hr? I think you're going to see some players who would be at 2/5 or 5/10 pretty frequently in a big 1/2 game. Particularly for a new player, a game this big could very easily be a disaster.