Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: The state of Notre Dame football.

I'm curious how many tickets the Church will have to buy to keep ND's consecutive sellout streak from ending on Senior Day.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM

Never mind. I give up. It's really easy to attack, when your point is "he sucks" I'll revive this thread in 2009.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on now, this thread is just a ND hater circle jerk and nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost agree but for the occasional Domer dropping in with ND talking points and denial.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that you're wrong. This is weak pointless thread. Everyone gets it, ND sucks and tons of people are happy. Post pictures insulting Weis, calling him fat and stupid over and over the joke really never gets old.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never mind. I give up. It's really easy to attack, when your point is "he sucks" I'll revive this thread in 2009.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] Blame Ty
[ ] "We're taking baby steps, did you see Charlie got the boys into positive rushing yards this week?"
[ ] Blame the coordinators and other assistants
[x] "Just wait until Jimmah is a junior, then we'll be National Title contenders! Just you wait!!!!! Get your shots in now!"
[ ] "Charlie's historic halftime speech got the troops to keep us within 5 TDs... what a motivator! Can we sign him up for 10 more years?"
[x] Get indignant about all the "haters"
[ ] Perfect storm of unlucky and high-variance events have made us 1-9 and one of the worst teams in Division I
Old 11-10-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think his contract extension was a good idea at the time?

We've seen in this thread the view that it made sense at the time and criticizing it now is unfair 20/20 hindsight.

Later it was suggested that actually most knowledgeable fans thought it was silly at the time.

You appear to be suggesting that this thread is all infantile hater-bashing of ND and CW-- there are numerous counter-examples.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A big [censored] you to Karl Dorrell for preventing this from being a truly epic season for ND.

There, I've done my part.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost agree but for the occasional Domer dropping in with ND talking points and denial.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that you're wrong. This is weak pointless thread. Everyone gets it, ND sucks and tons of people are happy. Post pictures insulting Weis, calling him fat and stupid over and over the joke really never gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to make sure, before I get much further in...

You are the guy who thinks it made sense to give a guy with less than one year of head coaching experience a ten year contract extension, right?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to make sure, before I get much further in...

You are the guy who thinks it made sense to give a guy with less than one year of head coaching experience a ten year contract extension, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I am the guy who was on the Charlie Weis bandwagon the first year. I was in love with the guy, thought he was the second coming of christ ect ect. The ND AD was the one who wanted to give Charlie Weis a 10 year contract. I post on a forum, he works for ND.

I don't know dick about contracts on any professional level so I try my best to stay out of any discussion of those. Since there is usually some aspect of them that I don't know about. Like with Weis, perhaps the AD of ND knows that he could cut Charlie loose if he needed to next week. 10 year contract does not always mean he is stuck at ND for ten years.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post pictures insulting Weis, calling him fat and stupid over and over the joke really never gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

"They're going to have to learn about us, OK? Let them try to stop a pro-style offense, which has multiple personnel groups and multiple formations. Let's see how they are going to do. They've had their advantage because I've come into recruiting late. Well, now it's Xs and Os time. Let's see who has the advantage now." - Charlie Weis

With Charlie Weis clearly displaying his arrogant douchebaggery again and again (as seen in quotes like the one above), coupled with the ND fan base buying into all the hype by spending two years pimping for a guy who's best accomplishment is losing a close game at home...all the mocking and scorn and jokes seem beyond well-deserved.

Getting indignant about all the fat jokes and making veiled threats about how good Notre Dame will be in 2009 once Ty's guys are finally gone doesn't erase the last two years of prodigious Notre Dame/Weis undeserved sense of accomplishment and general hubris. I consider this merely Notre Dame and Weis getting their just comeuppance. Looking at that Weis quote makes me think this thread could go on for 500 more Weis-at-the-buffet/Commander and Chief Trophy jokes and the universe still wouldn't be in balance.

Weis's and Notre Dame fan's arrogance knows no bounds, therefore the jokes and mockery which celebrate their crashing and burning should continue indefinitely as well.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like with Weis, perhaps the AD of ND knows that he could cut Charlie loose if he needed to next week. 10 year contract does not always mean he is stuck at ND for ten years.
[ QUOTE ]

There's no opt-out clause or anything like that in the contract.