Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: How to build credit

[ QUOTE ]
Henry,

I make mid-six figures a year and I'd do this for an extra $6k a year. It would have zero impact on my qualify of life, but I'm not retarded.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it has zero impact on the quality of your life then the utility value of the $6k is zero.

The cost of doing this is not zero. There is the effort, the stigma, the minimal risk of missing something in the T&C.

So it isn't my position that is hard to understand. If it really has no impact on your quality of life then your position is the one that doesn't make sense. Why would you do anything for no reward?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM

You are confusing something not impacting my quality of life now with not having any reward. I'm all for increasing my net worth to retire earlier.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are confusing something not impacting my quality of life now with not having any reward. I'm all for increasing my net worth to retire earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it does have an impact on the quality of your life. Mind you you could accomplish the same thing by just cutting out $16/day in spending and that would be a lot easier and less embarrassing than this.

Maybe I'm alone on this but there are certain things you just don't do when you hit a certain wealth level.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it does have an impact on the quality of your life. Mind you you could accomplish the same thing by just cutting out $16/day in spending and that would be a lot easier and less embarrassing than this.

Maybe I'm alone on this but there are certain things you just don't do when you hit a certain wealth level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you are just a troll. Good to know.

I'd cut out $16/day in spending except that would negatively impact my quality of life to the point where it isn't worth it. Instead, I can just do this and not have to lower my quality of life and get the extra money for little work! Wow, what a concept.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 AM

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm just having a hard time understanding your position.

If you make six figures then I assume you spend at a certain level. Cutting $16/day out wouldn't be much of an impact. Certainly less than the effort involved in this.

If my spending assumption is wrong and you save the vast majority of your income then having an extra $6k will only increase your net worth by the value of about $10k over 20 years meaning relative to your income (est $150) you can retire a whole 2-3 weeks earlier than if you didn't do this. Again hardly worth it.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM

Henry,

Seriously dude, just move on. What is the point of even posting on 2+2 if 99.9% are such peons and bottom feeders that you can't even comprehend why we would want upwards of $15-20k per year (as the link suggests are the upward bounds, since you invented this $6k figure and stuck with it).

Do you just troll the poker boards and say "Who cares if you call or fold, that $300 will have no impact on your quality of life! ha ha! Even if calling is wrong and you do it, so what? Just cut out a dollar a day from your spending!"
Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously dude, just move on. What is the point of even posting on 2+2 if 99.9% are such peons and bottom feeders that you can't even comprehend why we would want upwards of $15-20k per year (as the link suggests are the upward bounds, since you invented this $6k figure and stuck with it).

[/ QUOTE ]

$6000 is based on $100k in credit at 6% which is the most you can realistically expect without taking on some risk.

To make the amount the site claims you'd need to qualify for $300-500k in credit. To be honest I don't know how difficult that is but I'm pretty sure you can't get that much unsecured credit unless you are making enough money to not care to do this.

Realistically most individuals who would choose to do this would be making less than $6k/year.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM

I really don't see why people are getting up in arms with Henry over this. I'd assume for the 6k a year that is a fairly high end amount of apporama a year (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) and you'd likely have to do a significant amount of book keeping as one or two late payments can basically destroy the entire earnings of the plan. I'd also hate to see just dealing with the mail issue. Or the fact that there will be stigma when you apply for a job. Especially a high end career type job. You wanna finish law school and a get a job, they'll pull your credit and see you have 120938102983102 credit cards? They ask you about it and how do you respond that doesn't sound like you're a scam artist if they even bother to ask?

I don't even know why some one who plays poker wouldn't just grind another 20-30 hours a year and not bother with this.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see why people are getting up in arms with Henry over this. I'd assume for the 6k a year that is a fairly high end amount of apporama a year (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) and you'd likely have to do a significant amount of book keeping as one or two late payments can basically destroy the entire earnings of the plan. I'd also hate to see just dealing with the mail issue. Or the fact that there will be stigma when you apply for a job. Especially a high end career type job. You wanna finish law school and a get a job, they'll pull your credit and see you have 120938102983102 credit cards? They ask you about it and how do you respond that doesn't sound like you're a scam artist if they even bother to ask?

I don't even know why some one who plays poker wouldn't just grind another 20-30 hours a year and not bother with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, why would you get mail if you don't want it? Hello 2007! I don't receive ANY bills in the mail.

Second, it won't take a significant amount of time to do. 1-2 hours a month isn't going to kill anyone. After the first month you can even automate everything. Not everyone can makes $200/hr, nor is grinding considered as "better" by everyone. $6k is actually a low figure if you've been building your credit for a while. It's not hard to get 300k in personal credit and a few hundred thousand more in business credit.

Finally, this isn't for someone that is going to look for a job right now nor will the company care that you have 129038102 credit cards... they will only care that your debt-to-credit ratio is high. If you do it correctly, your credit won't take a big hit and you can return it to your previous score within 12 months. Again, you would have to be stupid to do an app-o-rama before needing a loan or getting a job.

Please stop pulling [censored] out of your ass like Henry. Everyone is "up in arms" because he's a troll that can't imagine people making less than him.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you make six figures then I assume you spend at a certain level. Cutting $16/day out wouldn't be much of an impact. Certainly less than the effort involved in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can double your yearly income if you pick up 10 dimes a minute. Why don't you go do that? Why are you posting on a forum? You certainly aren't making any money by posting on 2p2 and picking up 10 dimes a minute would have more utility.

STFU with your $16/day spiel. That would be a great line to use if doing an app-o-rama took 12-24hours/day to complete. It only takes 2 hours max a month and even less time as months go by. Not to mention, cutting $16/day would have a much bigger negative impact than just "working" for 8 hours to make $12,000 and carrying that non-existent stigma.