Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion (short answer = void is owned)

I laugh every time I read "theVoid" because it makes me think of the whole annoying Domino's "Avoid the Noid" campaign...

Maybe someone can make some catchy t-shirts with the thread title to keep the drama alive... There are so many options, starting with the new thread title from Dids or maybe "da Void be voided."
Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion

[ QUOTE ]

And of course I wasn't the only one posting the same thing, but got singled out to validate myself because of my post count...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You still don't get it but you do deserve mad props for being well informed. Good job.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion

I think PS should be greatly applauded in all this. Other sites have been in similar situations (well, almost - this is the worst I've heard of, money-and-title-wise) and swept it under the rug. PS has been brave, honourable and a cut above the opposition in this one. Bravo, PokerStars.

But I don't think they should say exactly what happened for one very good reason: however 'I'm so clever and untraceable' TheVOid cheated, PS still caught him.

That means they will catch anyone else who tries the same thing. The alternative is telling us all what cheating methods work and which don't...

Incidentally, I'll be amazed if this story doesn't appear in every poker magazine on God's Green. It's just too big.

Anyone heard more about that nitbuster chip dumping accusation? The more I look at that hand, the worse it is. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1539049
Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: StephenW please respond

According to CardPlayer, the money was credited to the player's accounts. Funny it took that long for them to report it.

Not sure if it's just their assumption or bad reporting, but they have theVoid listed as a "he." Wasn't it rumored to be a woman? (A pro's sister?)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Nah, it was the pro himself. Either that or his sister is the most naturally gifted poker player since Stu Ungar.

The WCOOP main event was TheVOid's first ever tourney on Stars, apparently. Newbies don't usually start with a $2500 buy-in.

Much less go on to win it.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:54 PM

That's what I mean. If it was supposed to be confidential, why wouldn't CardPlayer be gender nuetral and not say "he" in their article.

Of course, I can usually find a few reporting errors a week in their stories, but just wondering out loud.....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 PM

And Vanessa Rousso rakes it in again! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

and everyone else that played the game with integrity.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what I mean. If it was supposed to be confidential, why wouldn't CardPlayer be gender nuetral and not say "he" in their article.

Of course, I can usually find a few reporting errors a week in their stories, but just wondering out loud.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Masculine neuter. In English, "he" is an acceptable pronoun for a person whose sex is unknown or unspecified.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 AM

Masculine neuter? Crikey. Sounds painful...

I reckon they're saying 'he' cos the cat is out the bag as to who TheVOid really is/was. If the rumours were wrong, we'd have probably heard about it by now, and with righteous indignation. The silence, as they say, is deafening.

Now, about Josh Arieh and 'that hand'... anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

(PS. Ms Rousso - all that and now even richer as well. Sigh...!)
Old 10-18-2007, 05:56 AM

StephenW isn't responding i'm guessing because it was something hugely heinous that the void did, not some simple BS.

something that will make stars look really bad, and that they don't want the rest of the world to know about it. the only reason they gave the money back and went public was because the tribal gaming commission told 'em to is my uneducated guess.

do you really think someone would shive a git about their "cheating" being publicized after loosing ~1M?

-back to lurking...
Closed Thread