Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion (short answer = void is owned)

[ QUOTE ]
first of all im not mark teltscher, let a OP check up my IP adress and they can link me to Las Vegas, Bellagio. Mark Teltscher lives in London, UK. further than that mark teltscher was just in barcelona, and he's probably sleeping right now. I'm just here from an above perspective since everybody seems to think that the right thing to do was to disqualify the void, im just saying what doesnt point out 200 other players in this tournament should be disqualified as well?, seems to me like people want to disqualify the void just because they dont like Mark Teltscher? this is not about hate or love, its about doing the right thing, anyhow of course im sure pokerstars made a good investigation I just dont understand how they can prove anyone guilty without evidence enough? in fact the account The Void was not multiaccounting, what could be worse than multiaccounting ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea who thevoid is, or why people dislike him but I completely disagree with you. You're argument is going along the same lines of a drugs cheat athlete should not be stripped of their medals, because there are probably some other drug cheats out there that weren't good enough to win it.

Yeah there probably are other poker cheaters out there, however it should only be fair that if they are caught they suffer the same consequences. Obviously being successful brings more motivation to check out a single person, and I think this is great for online poker knowing that if you're multi accounting and score big, you will just loose it anyway.

Stars should not, and will not reveal the investigation behind the matter. They have no reason to lie, they have no financial gain, no motive. All revealing details potentially does is give away private information of the parties involved, and potentially make it harder to detect multi accouters in the future as they know what techniques are used to investigate them.

Well done stars for putting some integrity into the realm of online poker, where it is needed at the moment.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:37 AM

thevoid = DB?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 AM

Finally someone with actually good points like peleus, the only problem is that in athletics drugs are proven to be used. in this poker case theres no real evidence. I mean dont you think its scary that pokerstars can disqualify a person without any grounds?, sure if they're private, just doesn't make any sense to me in this case.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally someone with actually good points like peleus, the only problem is that in athletics drugs are proven to be used. in this poker case theres no real evidence.

[/ QUOTE ] Of course there is, that's why he's been excluded from the tournament.
[ QUOTE ]
I mean dont you think its scary that pokerstars can disqualify a person without any grounds?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes I do, thankfully they havn't however, they've disqualified him for cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
sure if they're private, just doesn't make any sense to me in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]What doesn't make sense?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally someone with actually good points like peleus, the only problem is that in athletics drugs are proven to be used. in this poker case theres no real evidence. I mean dont you think its scary that pokerstars can disqualify a person without any grounds?, sure if they're private, just doesn't make any sense to me in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be completely honest, you, or me, or anyone cannot make any educated statement about what proof they do and don't have. The fact that poker stars handles millions of dollars worth of transactions a year, has no financial motive for disqualifying someone incorrectly, and the fact this is almost an unprecedented occurrence lets me give them the benefit of the doubt this time. It simply makes no sense for poker stars to damage their reputation by admitting that their online champion is a cheat, when they should be going after him with some type of endorsement deal.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be completely honest, you, or me, or anyone cannot make any educated statement about what proof they do and don't have. The fact that poker stars handles millions of dollars worth of transactions a year, has no financial motive for disqualifying someone incorrectly, and the fact this is almost an unprecedented occurrence lets me give them the benefit of the doubt this time. It simply makes no sense for poker stars to damage their reputation by admitting that their online champion is a cheat, when they should be going after him with some type of endorsement deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but this isn't some dumpy 10+1 tourney. This is the premier event on the a site presents itself as the premier poker site in the world. And they portray the event as the world championship of online poker. I don't know that they have to disclose how they caught him but I do think they should reveal the violation that stripped the Void of the title.

For comparison, if Tiger were stripped of a Masters title, don't you think, along with the announcement, would be the reason why? I.E. Tiger Woods is being stripped of his latest masters title for using an illegal driver during each of his four rounds of play...

You would never see an announcement that said, Tiger is being stripped of his title for violating a rule. Period.

By the same token, I think its entirely appropriate for PS to say, the void was stripped of his title for using banned software during the tournament, or whatever. In fact, not only do I think its appropriate, I think it ought to be mandatory.

--Zetack
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM

Give Stars a chance, this is a huge issue and it took them over a week to bring the investigation to a conclusion. You can't expect them to just spill out all the info within 48 hours, especially when alot of it will be security sensitive. They have been communicating in this thread so far so I see no reason why this will stop and they will get back to it when possible.
As for our new friend saraya, I'm going to go with agenda mixed in with slight lack of writing skills. Your main points seem to be it's not fair one cheat being caught when others didn't get caught, well yes it would be nice if no one escaped the net, but that's not reason to defend this cheater. And secondly you keep going on about there being no evidence when it is only logical to assume Stars has concrete evidence that it cannot currently or ever share. Unless you have any knowlege/evidence to the contrary please stop baging on about this ridiculous assertion.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all im not mark teltscher, let a OP check up my IP adress and they can link me to Las Vegas, Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I count? I have made some posts in the micro-NL forum, I believe. But how do I check up an IP adress??+

Confusing.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM

I would like to ask one question on this subject, I wonder if I missed this but I don't see it being addressed.

Was PS informed of the player as a suspect from other players, or were they investigating and finding this on their own accord?

In the past this all came evident from other players being upset or concerned who played in the event or knew the players.

I don't even know if this is a known variable, just curious as to how this came around.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to ask one question on this subject, I wonder if I missed this but I don't see it being addressed.

Was PS informed of the player as a suspect from other players, or were they investigating and finding this on their own accord?

In the past this all came evident from other players being upset or concerned who played in the event or knew the players.

I don't even know if this is a known variable, just curious as to how this came around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars automatically checks players from large MTT wins whether others say anything or not and thats why Stars is great IMO.
Closed Thread