Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Marginal hands against unbelievably bad players

Villain is running 90/21/1.5 over 29 hands and has repeatedly shown to be a complete station(59% wtsd, 41% $at sd... and called with some pathetic trash on many of those). I had only been able to push out of a pot once, and that was when I c/r'd him all-in with JJ on an ace high flop after a preflop 3 bet.

My question is whether I'm playing this hand too hard. It's obviously VERY marginal, but given his range and given the fact that he'll c/c pretty far down with very little (he'll usually bet when he's got something on the flop, or when checked to at any time), I'm curious to see how you would've played a situation like that.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($12.91)
BB ($6.77)
UTG ($5.34)
MP ($6.33)
Hero ($7.96)
Button ($6.36)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.52) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, BB calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.22) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls $1.

River: ($3.22) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Marginal hands against unbelievably bad players

Why would you play in marginal spots, when he plays every hand? Just wait for TPGK type of hand and take him to value town. You don't want to push such players out of the pot, you want him to call you down 3 streets and hand you his money.

Edit:
And regarding this specific hand, infinity235's comment is spot on.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Marginal hands against unbelievably bad players

Check behind on the turn, fold the river UI. As played, check behind on the river and take it to a showdown where it has some value against villain.

You don't wanna valuebet this marginal hand. If you bet the turn, do it as a "blocking bet" to stop villain from betting/bluffing the river. He probably is not too aware of bet sizes, so you can take your hand to showdown cheaply.