Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: We can go to the movies on Saturday
Yes 7 8.33%
No 5 5.95%
I am not tennenbaum and I want to see the results 72 85.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Which Presidential Candidates do you like?

Ron Paul of course, also Dennis Kucinich took on the Democratic power apparatus and introduced articles of impeachment which is cool by me. Richardson and Obama seem OK compared to the rest of the field.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get this kind of thinking at all. Hillary is ideologically almost indistinguishable from George W. Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!!!!! Saying his preference is between Hillary and Ron Paul is like saying his top two choices are between Stalin and George Washington. Hillary and Paul are VERY-VERY-VERY far apart when it comes to politics.

What is depressing is someone like this can cancel out my well thought out vote....

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were a Bush supporter?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 PM

I'm gonna try ranking the candidates I'm somewhat familiar with:

Ron Paul

Much larger gap, but I don't want to add TOO much white. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dennis Kucinich
Mike Gravel

Mike Huckabee

Barack Obama

John McCain

John Edwards

Hillary Clinton/Rudy Giuliani

Rather depressing to think about who the frontrunners are. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get this kind of thinking at all. Hillary is ideologically almost indistinguishable from George W. Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!!!!! Saying his preference is between Hillary and Ron Paul is like saying his top two choices are between Stalin and George Washington. Hillary and Paul are VERY-VERY-VERY far apart when it comes to politics.

What is depressing is someone like this can cancel out my well thought out vote....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be confusing him with Copernicus.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rudy Giuliani for President. I've said before that I support him because he's the most honest

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading about his actions when he set out to bring down Michael Milken & I get the impression that he's a very vindictive man.

Article questioning his honesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall the charges leveled at Giuliani by some at the time about him being an over-zealous prosecutor and the 'criminalization' of accepted business practices or something like that. In that regard I view him as just another in a long line of politically ambitious prosecutors and state Attorneys-General. Plus I referred to him as the 'most' honest, not 'entirely' honest. Nor do I necessarily expect him to be likeable. But I do think that he's the most 'real' of the candidates and he's proven that he can do the job. Not just the 911 stuff. Being mayor of NYC isn't called the second hardest job in America for no reason.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be confusing him with Copernicus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of an adequate response to this that doesn't run the risk of me getting temp banned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<Sigh>....I wonder if you have even read one of my posts...
I prefer Bush to Kerry, algore, and any other nitwit democrat. But Bush is a deeply flawed president that has ticked me off a 100 times/ E.g.
*Immigration
*Failure to use his veto pen
*Trying to buy democrat goodwill via the Farm Bill, Education Bill, and other stupid outreach efforts. When he got Trent Lott to share senate chairs with the democrats this was STUUUU-PID. Jumpin-Jim Jeffords screwed Bush and the Repubs good when he defected and the democrats repayed their bi-partisan gesture by giving Bush and Lott the middle finger.
*Hist support of the LOS treaty which Reagan killed and now this fool is resurecting.
*Poor execution of Iraq occupation
*Harriet Meyers supreme court nomination
*Terry Schiavo incident where he tried to get the federal govt to intervene in a state matter.
*Signing the unconstitutional McCain-Feingold incumbent protection act.
etc......

In some ways I wish algore was elected. He would have fouled things up so that the 'Jimmy Carter' effect would take place and we would get a real conservative instead of a cheap immitation in the form of Bush43.

As for Ron Paul, for years I have given money to him since his days as a liberatarian. I love his domestic policy but I think his foreign policy views are lousy..... Bush is not my man but he is the lesser of two evils. Paul is too old and his foreign policy views are too naive for him to be president...

I prefer Cheney to Bush....and it is not even close...

As I said before Thomas Jefferson is my ideal president. He reduced the size of govt, he cut taxes, and he applied effective 'gunboat' diplomacy against the Barbary Pirates. But they are no Jefferson's running in this election.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:45 AM

Thank you for confusing me even more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for confusing me even more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Jefferson was responding to a legitimate threat though where American merchant ships were being attacked and stolen from. That's radically different than the current camp that thinks we need to occupy the entire Middle East and remake it in our image. While Jefferson may have looked hawkish in his day, I really doubt that he'd support the military industrial complex that our current regime is engaging in. Ron Paul is closer to Jefferson than any presidential candidate the Republicans or Democrats have trotted out in the last 50 years.