Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: KK in position and deep

Raise to 200 pre-flop and this wouldnt be nearly as much of a problem.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, shove! Someone has As Qx but ohh well, you must go broke here or give up poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

SALAZARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
W/ the aweful preflop 3bet size, I don't think going broke here is a good idea. Muck it and adjust your bet sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously wonder about someone who can't spell awful using the same word to criticize just about anything.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
W/ the aweful preflop 3bet size, I don't think going broke here is a good idea. Muck it and adjust your bet sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously wonder about someone who can't spell awful using the same word to criticize just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be able to spell, but your sentence is borderline unreadable. it took me several read throughs to get a general idea of what you were trying to say.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:00 AM

IŽd probably fold the flop here, against a set youŽre 65/35 underdog, against a flopped flush without ace youŽre 72/28 underdog..
the only hands that I can think of that he can do this with that you are ahead of is Q10 and AsQx, but would he call a 3-bet with those hands? It might be possible due to your 3-bet bet sizing.. So what happened?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:20 AM

Hi Tx,

This is pretty tough to say without having been there, but my feeling is that you are beat on the flop. I agree with others who would've made it ~250 to go pre-flop, unless you are making these tiny reraises a lot vs. this LAG (which I doubt, since you said you were viewed as weak-tight).

On the flop, would you be leading here with less than AQ or the Ace of spades? Again, if the SB views you as weak tight, and he's raising an amount that the Ace of spades can easily call, I think you are crushed. Very hard to fold here, but you've messed up the hand badly at this point, and it's hard to see where the +EV is going to come from.

If you are not playing very weak-tight, and that's just a general label the SB applies to you, then he obviously could just be trying to run you over, and there's no way you can dump your hand. That's why I say that it's tough to give a good opinion without knowing more specifics of the dynamic.

I will say this, though: if the SB doesn't have a lock-on read of you, physically, then a min-reraise is pretty sexy. You make it 1500 in position, and he really has to consider that you have the nuts, based on your small raise size pre-flop. That is, if he can put you on any AsXs combo after the pre-flop action. If stacks were a little deeper (6K), I'd be pretty willing to try this. Either check behind most turns and then make a read on the river if it's HU, or bet 40% pot on the turn, and possibly fold to a raise. With these stacks, though, you won't be able to feel good about calling or folding to a push, so that's out.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tx,

This is pretty tough to say without having been there, but my feeling is that you are beat on the flop. I agree with others who would've made it ~250 to go pre-flop, unless you are making these tiny reraises a lot vs. this LAG (which I doubt, since you said you were viewed as weak-tight).

On the flop, would you be leading here with less than AQ or the Ace of spades? Again, if the SB views you as weak tight, and he's raising an amount that the Ace of spades can easily call, I think you are crushed. Very hard to fold here, but you've messed up the hand badly at this point, and it's hard to see where the +EV is going to come from.

If you are not playing very weak-tight, and that's just a general label the SB applies to you, then he obviously could just be trying to run you over, and there's no way you can dump your hand. That's why I say that it's tough to give a good opinion without knowing more specifics of the dynamic.

I will say this, though: if the SB doesn't have a lock-on read of you, physically, then a min-reraise is pretty sexy. You make it 1500 in position, and he really has to consider that you have the nuts, based on your small raise size pre-flop. That is, if he can put you on any AsXs combo after the pre-flop action. If stacks were a little deeper (6K), I'd be pretty willing to try this. Either check behind most turns and then make a read on the river if it's HU, or bet 40% pot on the turn, and possibly fold to a raise. With these stacks, though, you won't be able to feel good about calling or folding to a push, so that's out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.....you need some serious sleep as well after your vacation,after reading TWO of your other ramblings this morning!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 AM

Default result

I considered what hands I'd play this way if I was UTG+1 and it occured to me that most players have a very small range to call this flop raise in my position. It also seemed strange for him to play a big hand this way in a 3-way pot.

I called the flop w/ intentions of folding UI to almost any bet on the turn, b/c I assume his range becomes a lot smaller if he fires a second barrell.

the turn was a red jack, check/check

river was a red jack, check/check

he had Qh 10h
Old 04-13-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dude.....you need some serious sleep as well after your vacation,after reading TWO of your other ramblings this morning!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just woke up, and not a creature is stirring. You try it after being on Vegas time, and moving 2 time zones!

My point was just, "Is he going to run over you at every opportunity, or should he suspect you are loaded if you bet this flop, and therefore will have 2pair+ to raise you?"
Old 04-13-2007, 06:05 AM

Sorry cero z for not understanding!