Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Wrap on flushboard

How is my line and reasoning here?

On flop only CO is not super-shortstacked, so I think it's a clear leadout. CO is a super-donk. Raises with crap from EP

On turn I *think* he has a flushdraw, possibly two pair. He has $66 at this point, so my idea is that I bet $30 now so that if the hearts miss I can steal the pot with the last $36.

On the other hand, I realize at this point on the river that checking here was not so good. SInce he has so little money left and he might have twopair, folding to his all-in will be difficult... so I might as well lead out to get value from a non-flush hand. So basically, this conflics a little bit with the turn idea.

What should I do?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $39
UTG+1: $25.70
MP1: $181.55
roggles: $107.95
MP3: $89.40
CO: $85.70
Button: $41.40
SB: $36.70
BB: $135.35

Pre-flop: (9 players) roggles is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $4.5</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($19.5, 4 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">roggles bets $15</font>, CO calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($49.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">roggles bets $30</font>, CO calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($109.5, 2 players)
roggles checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: $109.5
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Wrap on flushboard

Bet the river unless youre planning to check/fold, which I don't think you should do. Rest looks good I think, but I bet more on the turn. I don't think you can bluff this guy on the river anyway(unless he has A high missed FD obv).
Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM

yeah, if youre going to bet the turn, make it a bigger bet... I personally dont see any reason to fire the river.. looks like a pretty standard c/f to me without good reads
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, if youre going to bet the turn, make it a bigger bet... I personally dont see any reason to fire the river.. looks like a pretty standard c/f to me without good reads

[/ QUOTE ]
If we check and he shoves, its 36 to call in a 145$ pot. I think he does this without a flush enough of the time to make it a call. But I bet to get value of some stubborn set, twopair, worse straights as well, since they will likely check behind if we check.