Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Default 2 hands Stud hi 1/2

I'm new to stud and i was wondering about two hands.
Any comments highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hand 1)

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double-bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (6.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (13.80 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (15.80 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises

Total pot: (21.80 BB - $43.60)

On 5th i raise for a free card, stupid or std?
I guess i should have folded 4th, right?

Hand 2)

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___double-bets
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___?

Is this a fold, call or raise?
If we raise or call, how do we proceed in the hand?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 2 hands Stud hi 1/2

Hand 1:

you can fold 3rd with so many dead straight, pair, and flush outs. Definitely fold 4th.

Hand 2: This is read dependent. Given the dead 3 I probably call until I hit a second pair. He could very well have trips here so I am not thrilled about a raise...as you may know, having two 3s out there actually makes it more likely that villain started with split 3s (or does that only work if they are aces? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

you can fold 3rd with so many dead straight, pair, and flush outs. Definitely fold 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about the rest of the hand given i didnt fold?

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: This is read dependent. Given the dead 3 I probably call until I hit a second pair. He could very well have trips here so I am not thrilled about a raise...as you may know, having two 3s out there actually makes it more likely that villain started with split 3s (or does that only work if they are aces? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand your logic here, but in the hand i assume i'm behind to most likely two pair and was wondering if this is a spot where i should raise anyway in order to get it HU.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Hand 1: The call on 3rd is specious from early position given the dead cards, but I don't mind it since the j is the highest upcard. Just fold 4th, you dont know where you are and seat 1 likel yhas a better draw than you. As played, dont raise 5th, try to get there cheaply
Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Hand 1:
Raising on 5th last to act against a better hand and a likely better draw seems like quite the spew. Given the reraise on 5th, you have to think at least trips...given that, I think the river raise is foolish, but so is playing the hand on 4th....show how much errors compound themselves. You called 4th and are now chasing a hand that if it gets there might not even be the winner.

Hand 2:
As I said, its read dependent. If you think you won't get reraised and you think the other hands would call a paired door full bet but not a raise then go for it. Chances are at least one of them is folding anyway so i would just call and not bloat the pot any further with your dog hand. Once you make the pot that big I guess you might have the odds to chase your 2 Kings if you get 3 bet? no probably not.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:18 PM

For hand 1, I would have folded on 3rd and out very quick on 4th to the paired board. I wouldn't have raised on any street. 5th showed that he had the trips and could easily draw to the boat. If he didn't make the boat he shouldn't bet out on 7th and as such you can't raise when he does.

[ QUOTE ]
Given the dead 3 I probably call until I hit a second pair. He could very well have trips here so I am not thrilled about a raise...as you may know, having two 3s out there actually makes it more likely that villain started with split 3s (or does that only work if they are aces? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. If two cards are out (in this case the 3) the chances of each individual having a split is lower than if only one 3 was showing. However, the probability at least one having a pair is greater than if only one 3 was on the board.

Anyway, it is read dependent, but with a dead 3 out there its not correct to play a pair of 3s and so he has a pocket pair or flush draw. As such you can call. Me, depending on my mood, I'll fold as the pot is small and why gamble on the off chance? Fold and pick a better spot.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM

#1 Fold 3rd. Since you didn't, on 5th why are you raising 2 players with more threatening boards than you? Unless your villian is a moron (or has a monster), he seems to not care if you or seat 1 has made a flush. Same with the river.

#2 3rd is correct (although some people at 1/2 stud absolutely WILL NOT fold a pair on 3rd no matter how thin they're drawing). On 4th it would help to have a read but I wouldn't be shocked if he has trips already. If seat 2 catches another spade & you don't improve, it maybe time to get the dell outta hodge.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Hand 1 I am folding 3rd. One of your direct cards to make a straight as well as 2-3 other cards that will make your straight.

Hand 2 I'm putting him on 2 pair here. Unless he has a Q-A kicker with 3's i'm sure he's not limping a bad pair of 3s with one already dead. I'd call there.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he has a Q-A kicker with 3's i'm sure he's not limping a bad pair of 3s with one already dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well a good player wouldn't but what makes you think villain is a good player?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM

thats why a read on the player always helps. I always assume they are good until I get a read on them.