Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: A Seif Bet - for those who still believe a word he, or AP, says

I just watched JFK again, and this reminds me of the movie too much.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is extremely rare to be put in the situation he has been put in. It could've made him a hero. The players champion who helped take down a corrupt cheating ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

If nothing else, this unfortunate turn of events for Absolute Poker, and online poker as a whole, will prove Mr. Seif's myopia.

Instead of emerging as "The Player's Champion, Friend of the Poker Community" he played himself into a situation where his integrity and reputation was justifiably dragged through the mud.

He may very well have sacrificed lucrative endorsement deals from competing sites wanting to associate themselves with "a leader of the online poker community and a bastion of good faith and honesty" for a quick grab at some easy cash.

He is no better at assessing opportunity and risk in life than he was assessing opportunity and risk on "the river".

In a decade from now look out for him looking unfit and disheveled, hawking sun tanning parlors in strip malls around the far Northern regions of Canada, alongside the embalmed corpse of former child-star Gary Coleman.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 05:55 AM

I happen to have a couple thousand hand histories saved from when Mark won 150k+ in a week or so in Feburary playing 150/300. A friend of mine happened to stop in and watch me for a couple sessions, and wow was he owning me in every way possible, not misplaying a single one. Anyways, I lost about 100k straight mostly to him, and cashed out the rest of my money later on that month and haven't played there since. It's possible I was playing bad/tilted, or he was just playing very good at the time. Anyways, I'm going to dig up the hand histories and see what I find. Might take me a couple days to get them, but I'll take a look and if there's anything interesting I'll zip them up and put them on the web.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 AM

Definitely get me a copy of those HHs ASAP.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 AM

This could be huge and deserves a spot in a new thread, or cliffnotes.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is probably only one way for AP to regain the trust of most of us. If they are telling the truth about when the hole was "created," they can prove it by releasing the source code, heavily annotated by the developers, along with the source code for the exploiting software, also heavily annotated. Along with that, they would have to explain exactly who developed the exploit, what their role was in the development process, and how the exploit ended up in the hands of A.J./Tom/whoever.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the absence of reliable information from AP this is speculation:

I think AP will have a very hard time fulfilling your request because I really don't think this is how it happened. There was no special code, there was no roque developer:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more...

[ QUOTE ]
Developing special code, testing it (yes - even cheaters would have to test changes like this) and getting it released into production WITHOUT soooooo many people in the IT environment knowing about it is damn near impossible

Ockhams razor: What is wrong with the simple and very plausible explanation that an original developing or supporting account had the ability to see hole-cards (but not to play)? This explanation is supported by all available data. Ah - there is one thing wrong with the explanation: It implies this cheating could have gone on since AP started... but that, imo, IS the only thing "wrong" with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. I think a lot of people are missing just how extraordinary AP's current story really is. It's "the dog ate my homework" to the tenth power.

Their current claim, that the exploit was "created" only recently, is by itself enough to know that they are still lying about what happened. Seif's justification for his previous inability to see the cheating in the HH pales next to this one.

They can't tell us the truth about how long the super account existed because that would open them up to liability charges for customer losses dating back to the site's opening. They also can't produce hand histories going much further back than the current scandal because that would prove that there was cheating all along, and that would be the end of AP.

So this is where we are. They are still lying and covering up and they will continue to do so until and unless someone comes up with proof that they're still lying and covering up. At that point they'll step back and decide if there is any further cover story they can come up with that will fit the new facts.

If they finally decide that the jig is up, what are they going to do? Say "oops," try to make it all better, and continue on? No, I don't think so. I think they'll put Plan B into motion. What's Plan B? I have no idea, but they've been working on it for about two months.

I sure wouldn't want to have my money in their hands right now.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM

tongni for mod!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Instead of emerging as "The Player's Champion, Friend of the Poker Community" he played himself into a situation where his integrity and reputation was justifiably dragged through the mud.

He may very well have sacrificed lucrative endorsement deals from competing sites wanting to associate themselves with "a leader of the online poker community and a bastion of good faith and honesty" for a quick grab at some easy cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR...most of the people on this site would be ridiculing him right now for walking away from the only endorsement deal he'd ever have a shot at. Seriously, which is more likely?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched JFK again, and this reminds me of the movie too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel bad for Mark if he read this cause it'll take him well over 3 hours to realise watching it wont help him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]