Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: iPod poker playlist

I listen to Sigur Ros, Arcadia Fire, Damien Rice, Death Cab For Cutie, The Honorary Title, Imogen Heap etc... most of the time which keeps me relaxed. I went through a Bruce Springsteen stage too due to FT'ing in a tournament when I had him on repeat haha.

Sigur Ros really lets me focus on the game while keeping me relaxed so it is my favourite.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:33 PM

i have classical on mine when i listen. only in one ear. just loud enough for background music. i still want to hear bets and raises.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have classical on mine when i listen. only in one ear. just loud enough for background music. i still want to hear bets and raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have music on while I play, but if I did (and I want to, don't have an MP3 player though) it'd be Bach's cello suites played by yo-yo ma, Beethoven's Ninth symphony ala Karajan, Billy Joel's Fantasies and Delusions, and then a few assorted songs by Mozart, Haydn, a few sung by Pavarotti. I want music that will lift up my spirit, keep me off tilt, etc, and classical is perfect for that.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:09 PM

i listen to Ricardo Villalobos luciano, all good minimal techno..
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM

My musical tastes lend themselves well to two extremes.

If I want to be pumped up (usually playing tournies), I listen to fast, high-energy punk. I prefer the upbeat rock-n-rolly stuff (The Briefs, Lower Class Brats, The Ramones, The Vibrators, Menace).

If I want to be calm and collected (usually cash games), I listen to old ska music. Not so much English two-tone like The Specials/Bad Manners, but the really old Jamaican stuff (Derrick Morgan, Jackie Mittoo, Desmond Dekker, Symarip, The Wailers, The Maytals).
Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM

I listen to howard stern
Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 PM

I don't listen to my usual faster stuff (metallica, megadeth, Foo Fighters, etc) while playing.

Usually keep it more mellow to concentrate. Stuff like Rodrigo y Gabriela, Glen Phillips, O.A.R, Dire Straits, Cowboy Junkies, Jack johnson, Randy Newman, Dean Martin, Sinatra, Bennett, etc fills the bill quite nicely.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM

This is interesting. At times I wear the headphones but listen to nothing at all. ;-). Usually my fav pounding late 60-s to mid 80's rock. I have a softer sellection and also over 1 hour of......are you ready for this? Gunslinger music. I've collected much of the gunfight scene music from Good/Bad/Ugly, Few Dollars More/ Fist full of Dollars and a few others. I don't turn it on often but it does tend to focus me and I use it when I need that.

Dave
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 AM

I have the iPod classic that can play video. I keep it on the table playing "Rounders," and keep making notes off it for metagame.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM

My wife loaded a special poker playlist onto my iPod. It has 30 different versions of "Loser" by the Grateful Dead continually repeating.

I think maybe she's trying to tell me something...