FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Some comments about the WCOOP structures

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also

we should be discussing the 5% PRIZEPOOL chop bullshiit

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 5% of the remaining prizepool at the time of the chop not of the total prize pool, this makes it much more reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying "if it were 5% of the remaining it would be more reasonable"?

Because as it stands right now, it's 5% of the total. 150k for today (yesterday's) event.

OT
Old 09-17-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems really stubborn of pokerstars to stick with this policy, when there's ZERO downside to switching into 2 day events, if you're keeping the current structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a downside, you might not think it is important, but Pokerstars decided the integrity of their games is more important. Those of you who think it would not be easier to swap are fooling themselves, when you break you give much more time to contact people, make negotiations, and take steps to ensure that you do not get caught. When there is no break people might not be available immediately, people could be playing other tournaments and thus unavailable, and other migigating circumstances, when you throw in an 8 hour break you give much more time for people to plan and clear their schedules.

That said, I probably would take the risk and would rather have 2 days. But there is not ZERO DOWNSIDES, nor is the chance od swapping the same.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 5% of the remaining prizepool at the time of the chop not of the total prize pool, this makes it much more reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit/

what OT said above
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also

Are you saying "if it were 5% of the remaining it would be more reasonable"?

Because as it stands right now, it's 5% of the total. 150k for today (yesterday's) event.

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure I know i have seen multiple posts that it is the remaining prize pool not total, maybe i am in the wrong on this i was going off of previous posts.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:20 PM

deleted, point was already posted
Old 09-17-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that none of the big winners complained, as mentioned above, is a pretty bad logical reason to continue the 1 day event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuv, read Bryan's post again. he was talking about the feedback from 5 last tables. Players most affected, and hardly all big winners.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you sure I know i have seen multiple posts that it is the remaining prize pool not total, maybe i am in the wrong on this i was going off of previous posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - you're wrong... Take a look at the end of the thread for the $530 event (#5) to see a similar discussion. Like I said before - they had to leave $150,000 on the table, which is 5% of the total PP (which was $3,000,000)

OT
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM

a) i'd prefer one day events primarily because it is clear there are already shenanigans going on with expert players taking over other people's accounts when they get deep, or coaching taking place, and two day events would just make this much worse.

b) the 20 hour problem is such an isolated instance with event #5 and its 6k players, and the main event... it is like a twice a year problem, and the other side of the argument is, an amazing tournament structure. at some point you are asking for events to become two days events when it is not necessary and they mostly end at the latest 5am EST. you want stars to make a major adjustment for two events a year? you want them to possibly screw with an awesome structure?

c) like learnedfromTV said, getting deep in these things will be a rare thing, and i don't see it being that incredible to get one day off work for it. i'm surprised that on a site where people in general should be genuinely worried about better players taking over the accounts of weaker competition, that people are nitting it up about a 20 hour tournament day.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that none of the big winners complained, as mentioned above, is a pretty bad logical reason to continue the 1 day event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuv, read Bryan's post again. he was talking about the feedback from 5 last tables. Players most affected, and hardly all big winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he said no one from the 5 FINAL tables that were already done (the first 5 wcoop events) has given a negative feedback. He added that no one from the last 27 players have said anything either.

That doesn't prove anything, or is even a valid argument. You could counter by saying the obvious, people usually don't bother with emailing and complaining about the length of play. They are way too tired and sad for busting to complain that day. The next day, people just put it behind them.

Further more, you could also argue that perhaps the players who are more suited for these lengthy tournaments are the one who final tabled it anyhow.

The length of the wcoop events so far is far and beyond anything we've seen so far. There's no live tournament that reaches that, and even those who go on for 15+- hours, have a dinner break, and way longer breaks every level and you play way less hands per hour, so you get to rest at the table.

The question of buying account etc is something that pokerstars needs to adress themselves. It's a terrible argument that because Stars is unable to stop something illegal, the rest of us have to pay by playing insane hours.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 PM

What about starting these big events on saturday instead of sunday ? this way is not a real problem for people with a job to play a long MTT