Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Hand from Schneid\'s Blog

Btw Mike I think its great that u post hands in your blog where u look like an absolute donkey, I mean that in all seriousness, it's a pretty cool thing to do.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then when he checks the river Hoss knows he has the nuts IMO so I don't see why he wouldn't bet it. That's the only part of Schneids' post that doesn't make sense to me, it seems like an easy bet for Hoss but Schneids was surprised he made it.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the preflop and flop actions, what hand is he legitimately expecting to get paid off by? That's why I don't think it's an easy bet. I don't have KQo. He has to be betting it expecting I have exactly KsQs, since he can't/shouldn't put me on 77 or 66 (and even then, would he really be expecting a call?). Whether or not Hoss would remember it or not who knows, but I have called 3 from the SB before (instead of 4-betting) with any/all of TT-AA. Plus, it is clear to anybody Hoss doesn't have an ace, where as a river checkraise with or without an ace should seem possible from my end, so, why open yourself up to a river checkraise (since it's clear HE doesn't have an ace), when there's basically 1 hand that can pay you off?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 PM

I think the reason ppl think hoss should bet the river, whether they realize it or not, is that you virtually can't have him beat on the river given the line that you have taken in this hand. I mean really, you're gonna flatcall JJ pre and then check all 3 streets with it after he checks behind on turn? Betting is huge ev just nobody at the table gets to see what he has in this exact hand when you fold.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason ppl think hoss should bet the river, whether they realize it or not, is that you virtually can't have him beat on the river given the line that you have taken in this hand. I mean really, you're gonna flatcall JJ pre and then check all 3 streets with it after he checks behind on turn? Betting is huge ev just nobody at the table gets to see what he has in this exact hand when you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Ian said what I was thinking too. I also like reading all the hands in your blog even if some of them are funny looking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-03-2007, 10:02 PM

CR never work. He will call every time here.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 PM

yeah, i pretty much think this is an instabet by hoss
Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CR never work. He will call every time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and am somewhat surprised that players way better than me suggested it. If we c/r here we have to be prepared to put 4 bets in (and it's quite possible that it still won't work if he has anything other than playing the board imo) because to me a c/r after this action just looks like "this is the only way I can win". I found the call quite mind boggling when I read this hand a while ago and I hated it, however I still think it is better than c/r.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i pretty much think this is an instabet by hoss

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, how can it be an insta-bet? Schneids has something, and Hoss has to get paid off by a worse hand without getting c/r'd by a better one. You don't think Schneids might go for the double c/r with an ace after whiffing the turn? He can't have a bigger pocket? Most importantly, he has to consider whether Schneids will pay off with a hand like he had which isn't all that obvious (as evidenced by everyone here saying he should've folded). I think it was both a pretty well thought out bet AND call by Schneids.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 PM

schneids didnt bet anywhere.

also, ppl do weird [censored] here. the bottom line is, if you think its a good call by schneids because of level thinking, then you've gotta think it's a good bet by hoss because of the same level thinking.

and no, its not a good spot to double c/r for schneids, and i cant imagine him ever doing it here
Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM

uh why didnt you bet if you are goign to put in 1 bet wouldnt you rather win the whole pot than half?