Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM

Default On button with AA45, aggressive donk raises....

Sorry, dont have the hand history, it happened awhile ago, but I keep wondering if I made the right play.

$25 PL

I have around full buy-in, so does donk in cut-off. Folds around to him, who raises the pot (i've noticed most of the time he raises with something like A23x or A23x. I call on the button with AA45, 45 suited, both blinds fold.

Flop

2 3 Q rainbow

donkey bets .50 into about a 3.50 dollar pot. I think he just had his lo counterfitted, but i dont want to give a free card so i re-raise the pot and he folds

Did I play this too fast? There werent many cards that would have hurt me
Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Re: On button with AA45, aggressive donk raises....

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, dont have the hand history, it happened awhile ago, but I keep wondering if I made the right play.

$25 PL

I have around full buy-in, so does donk in cut-off. Folds around to him, who raises the pot (i've noticed most of the time he raises with something like A23x or A23x. I call on the button with AA45, 45 suited, both blinds fold.

Flop

2 3 Q rainbow

donkey bets .50 into about a 3.50 dollar pot. I think he just had his lo counterfitted, but i dont want to give a free card so i re-raise the pot and he folds

Did I play this too fast? There werent many cards that would have hurt me

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraise pre flop with that hand every time. Especially from button. Rest of the play is fine imo.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:24 PM

yeah re-pot it pre-flop and pot raise the flop. in fact, you should be pot-raising the flop often regardless of your hand whenever donkey bets .50 into about a 3.50 dollar pot heads-up. in this case you just so happen to have a legitimate hand to do so.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:14 PM

I don't understand, why raise the pot in the flop?? we don't want him to fold...
Old 10-13-2006, 04:16 PM

Yeah if I had reraised him pre-flop, then potting it would be right i think, but since I didn't and I hit the flop so well I think i maybe should have just called his bet, or maybe just threw in a small raise. A small raise might have made him fold though, becuase i figured he probably had an A2xx.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand, why raise the pot in the flop?? we don't want him to fold...

[/ QUOTE ]
villain lead out for 0.50 into a 3.50 pot. by betting that small he's trying to tempt you into accepting 7:1 pot odds to see another card when in reality it's he who wants to see the cheap card. if you smooth call you're basically offering him 7:1 to call. yes you want him to call, but not at that price.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes you want him to call, but not at that price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course but a pot size bet will probably scare him off. I prefer a 1/2 pot size raise.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:28 PM

Pot raise him back preflop.. ya you flopped good, but he's betting 50c.. he could have TJQK and have absolute air, you might make 50 more cents off him if he bets the turn.. or he could have a26 and pay off your pot raise.. I'll charge him for the draw if he wants to take it.