Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:23 AM

Default KQo gets 3 bet OOP

If we playing full ring and we make a raise from say MP3 with KQo and we get three bet by a CO villian who is fairly reasonable, we put him on TT+ AQs+ AKo, and we call, it's HU and the flop comes K-rag-rag rainbow, thats pretty much the best flop we can reasonably expect right? but we're still a small dog against his range (44/56).

Lets say we decide we will check call all the way and we know this villian will on average, bet all three streets if he has us beat and just the flop and turn if he is behind our current hand. We're playing 1/2 so pot is $15 right now, and we lose another $10 56% of the time and gain $20 the other 44% of the time (15+6-1 for rake). So we make 44*20/100=$8.80 less 56x10/100=$5.60 so make $8.80-$5.60=$3.20 on these flops playing this way if I'm right.

So my question is, is there a better way to play these sorts of situations or is passive right here?

Regards Mack
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: KQo gets 3 bet OOP

Not really without a tighter read on his 3-bet range or aggression. I think you want a show down more than you want to go b/f against him anywhere.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 AM

This line is fine, because it's most probably a WA/WB situation.

Just one thing to consider - don't you think that the 3-bettor's range is too narrow here? This isn't an EP raise, it's almost a blind steal situation. His 3-betting range is thus probably wider. He could easily be trying to isolate you with a hand like AT or 77.

Use your reads here. Is Villain capable of iso-reraising? What is your image in his eyes, do you steal blinds often? What is your PFR % ?

etc.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:00 AM

Unless he has a really tight (AA, KK, AK) 3-betting range, I would probably bet out on the flop, and if he merely calls, bet out on the turn and river too. If he raises, however, I'm inclined to call him down.

There's a more than decent chance your TP second-best kicker is good, but there's always the chance he has AA, AK or KK.

This is susceptible to a slowplay, however, so you will need a good read on his 3-betting range...
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM

I think the range you are assigning the 3-bettor is more like the 3-betting range of a rock. I think most reasonable players will 3-bet a AQo, AJs, KQs, 99, and 88 a good amount of the time. In your original case I think your call down plan works but I don't think that is a typical range. I don't have pokerstove but I think if you add the hands I suggested then the equity against that range tilts in your favor. In that case I like a flop c/r and a call down if three bet.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 PM

I think this is the correct line since you can view this as WA/WB. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 PM

what about c/c, c/c, bet
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about c/c, c/c, bet

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this line for me is that the villain could then bluff raise the river and force us to lay down a winner.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM

well c/c c/c b is the classic wa/wb, along with c/c c/c c/c. the question is do we b/f or b/c if we get raised.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM

I said WA/WB earlier and got bashed.

check the link here for a mildly interesting counterpoint (that I still disagree with). i didnt feel like arguing so I let it be, but make your own judgement.

I thought we just talked about this