Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Where Am I here??

Sorry No Converter

Full Tilt Poker Game #715614485: $50 + $5 Tournament (6 max) (4602236), Table 4 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:37:14 ET - 2006/06/15

Seat 1: composer24 (4,350)
Seat 2: weskey (6,035)
Seat 3: TheDarkElf (1,430)
Seat 4: cscwildcat1 (1,240)
Seat 5: Zuludogg (1,300)
Seat 6: LLKOOLK1 (1,750)
Zuludogg posts the small blind of 30
LLKOOLK1 posts the big blind of 60

The button is in seat #4

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LLKOOLK1 [Qs Kh]
composer24 folds
weskey raises to 210
TheDarkElf folds
cscwildcat1 folds
Zuludogg folds
LLKOOLK1 calls 150

*** FLOP *** [Kc Tc 6h]

LLKOOLK1 checks
weskey checks

*** TURN *** [Kc Tc 6h] [Qh]
LLKOOLK1 bets 250
weskey raises to 5,825, and is all in

I planned on CR the flop (villan had CB most of his pf raises)But he checks behind me. I dont have any real reads on Villan, since he moved in 3 or 4 orbits ago...
Where do you think I am here, what hands does he push this turn with? What am I ahead of? Whats beating me? Any thoughts on CR the flop/leading out into raiser?
-LL
Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Where Am I here??

I think you have 2 pr and if you are beat you have 4 redraws. (2 if he has QQ). I instacall because what hands would he push that beat us? AJ MIGHT only because there are 2 flushes out there, but the huge overbet seems ridonkulous. My guess is some kind of weak hand + draws (TJh / QJc). Anyone see this move made w/ better hands than draws / lower 2 pr?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM

I would fold this PF, unless I had a read that the villian was extremely loose. After calling, I would bet the flop (not check raise). I would call the allin. I think you are ahead of a draw or 1 pair and a draw. It is possible that someone would push with a straight or set, because they are scared of the flush draw, but that case is less likely.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM

You are slightly behind a hand lik Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and way ahead of most others.

I really doubt he pushes AJ there, but may due to 2 frush draws.

I usually call quickly.

I also usually re-raise this PF in 6 max against a LAG, is he a LAG? (I've been playing 1/2 6max)

He has a lot of chips, how did he get em?

If he has a lot early, its usually due to good lag/bad lag playing so you are well ahead of his range as he knows you need a good hand to call a push. But you have a good hand, so call.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 06-15-2006, 05:14 PM

Oh man, with your stack size I definitely call. I think at worst you're splitting, unless he got lucky enough to catch with his AJ.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 PM

It is likely that he is a wild player who is on the wild side when it comes to pushing draws, but you cannot discount the fact that he might be a decent player who has dramatically increased his stack by overplaying his monster hands and having folks calling him.

Let's say you are a 2 - 1 favorite against the draws and he is a 19 - 1 favorite if he has the hand he represents (a set). You see the problem emerging: you must be really-really sure that he is a clown who is overplaying his hands.

At the $50 + $5 level, there are plenty of bad players, but I would still fold in a heartbeat, if only for not experiencing the aggravation of making an apparent beginner mistake.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:35 PM

What confuses me is what hand is he checking behind on this flop with, but pushing the turn with?
-LL
Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At the $50 + $5 level, there are plenty of bad players, but I would still fold in a heartbeat, if only for not experiencing the aggravation of making an apparent beginner mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm I dunno bout that....and I dont think this is a clear fold at all
-LL
Old 06-15-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this PF, unless I had a read that the villian was extremely loose. After calling, I would bet the flop (not check raise). I would call the allin. I think you are ahead of a draw or 1 pair and a draw. It is possible that someone would push with a straight or set, because they are scared of the flush draw, but that case is less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a 6max table, and we are light a player, so 5 players. Blinds 30/60...I dont mind calling here.
-LL
Old 06-15-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What confuses me is what hand is he checking behind on this flop with, but pushing the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Club draw with Q clubs?

Good point, makes me not like the instacall as much, but I still usually call here, especiallly with the all in, but after looking at it again you only have a psb left in your stack.

Hmmm, that makes it closer, but I'm dumb and still call.

Regards,
Woodguy