Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM

Default KK HU OOP vs poor player, A high flop, pot=effective stack

Villian is 83/14/1.8 postflop aggression, had been min re-raising a lot when i entered the pot and mostly the flops sucked as badly as this one so I let him take it off me, easy check-call here right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($36.15)
SB ($258.30)
BB ($51.70)
UTG ($23.95)
Hero ($54.50)
CO ($67.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, Button calls $8.50.

Flop: ($24.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $24.15 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $24.15.

Turn: ($73.05) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($73.05) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $73.05

Regards Mack
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: KK HU OOP vs poor player, A high flop, pot=effective stack

this is soooo gross. i honestly hate all lines. i really think c/f might b best here. blah. so ghey. i mean wut hands do u beat that he calls a 4 bet with here that shove this flop?!?!?! QQ maybe... some other random donk hand. idk just seems like almost all of his range is AT+ and like TT+ or sumtin like that. and he doesnt seem ultra aggro so im not even sure if he bluffs off with his whole range after u check here.

so basically i think u r prolly slightly behind his range on this flop and when u take into account that he will not bluff off with every hand u r ahead of and most deff will not be folding/checking almost n e hands u r ahead of here imo. so idk i think it just depends on if u can image him a. checking behind a good portion of the hands u beat and b. capable of bluffing off with like practically EVERY hand that u beat.

so imo i think this is a c/f here. if the board was like A25 or sumtin it would b closer because then jj would b more likely to bluff off but i think it is close as u r prolly close to 2 to 1.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:32 PM

with what u described about villian can't c u laying the hand down.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:38 PM

against this villain, c/c.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Obviously he is an idiot but surely he folds something PF. Therefore, it's likely that he does have an A. If we also put him on things like 77+ and maybe KQ then you are behind but I think it's a call based on pot odds. It's not easy though and his stats wouldn't need to be too much better for me to c/f - we know how much donks love their aces.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:18 PM

I think I like your line but obviously it's not a great spot
Old 10-09-2007, 08:40 PM

Man he'd done this about 7 times (the min re-raise bit) and I never got past the flop with him, so when I 4 bet him. he's taking it as me making a stand, inside his warped mind, so I dunno how many hands he drops, but he turned up here with Q9o.

Mack