Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: What the heck is wrong with me?

Hand 2 - I like leading the flop. But if youre going to checkraise, then raise to at least $4.

Hand 3 - I don't know if I raise the turn or not, but def muck river.

Hand 4 - Check/call the turn. why are u raising (unless read-dependent)?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are these all the hands you have ever played in NL? Seriously, 1400 hands is not even close to giving you a good estimate about how you play.

Here is a little advice that everyone here will end up giving you at somepoint:

1. Continue to post hands and ask for advice.
2. Drop levels if you feel you are losing too much money (Play within your limits)
3. Read all the posts in the 2+2 anthology sticky. I think this one will open your eyes on NL more than you can imagine. When I started reading the anthology, my winrate went up dramatically.
4. Play a lot of hands. This will give you a better idea of how you actually play and will allow you to identify leaks.
5. Read poker books. If you need ideas, check out the book forum or ask for ideas.

Poker is not an easy game and since you registered to the forum a month ago, it looks like you have a lot to learn. However, with hard work, you can turn around your win totals easily. Follow the advice on the forums and you will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've definitely been lurking a while and read a ton of stuff on here. I'm just not converting it to practice I guess and it's so frustrating.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 PM

c/r in hand 2 is really bad i think. hand 3 is reallllly bad. were you floating him or what? i think raising that turn makes your hand a bluff, unless he is super terrible and will stack off with like any ten.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r in hand 2 is really bad i think. hand 3 is reallllly bad. were you floating him or what? i think raising that turn makes your hand a bluff, unless he is super terrible and will stack off with like any ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was wrong with c/r with a full-house on hand 2?

Hand 3 IS really bad.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 PM

you c/r the flop, so continue the line by betting the turn
Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 PM

didn't you turn a full house? i meant i didn't like the flop c/r with 66....he really isn't calling with any worse hands.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Ah okay.

I was bluffing at him, and it turned into a big hand. Turned out really wrong though.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 PM

You're going broke on hand 2 when you turn that 6 no matter what line you take. I'm not even mad about losing to 33. AQ and AJ hand you could have saved some money on and maybe only be down 3 buyins instead of 4.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm reraising AJ preflop in hand 4. The rest look ok to me, I might have done some things differently based on how villain plays, but they don't look terrible.

<edit> I would have folded on the flop in hand 3 if I didn't raise pf, but I'm raising pf there most the time anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like the pumping the pot with 66 hand, I probably push the turn when the boat is made because him betting there usually means he got enough to call a push with.

Mack
Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 PM

hand 1 ok
hand 2 what's your plan? I'd like a flop bet better than CR if you want to take a stab but that's all the money I'm willing to put in without another 6 on the board.
hand 3 avoid doing this (floating), at least for now, I'm sure you can be a winner at this level without doing it at all
hand 4 hmmm yes you can 3 bet pf as suggested but you have to be very careful if you get called,better do it when you think opponent is stealing. as played I want to get to showdown if the price is right (that is cheap), so no way I'm getting the pot bigger check-raising, perhaps block bets might help

those are very few hands you got there, nothing conclusive but seems you like to bet quite a lot, are you betting or check-raising a ton?