Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Standard Hypothetical Situation.

i like 2 provided we dont improve on river
Old 09-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Lol you guys realize that when value betting the number of hands in his calling range that you're beating has to be greater than the number of hands that he's beating you with right???
If KQ, QJ, QT, Q9 and maybe AQ are in his check/call flop check turn range, how many flush draw combos are you giving him? Everybody think he's calling the turn w/ TT, 99, 88? I really doubt that. I guess betting the turn could be right but it's definitely not obviously right.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 PM

i've only read a few responses, please god just lock this thread now, i'd really rather not talk about stuff that has to do with this situation and board texture, and anyone out there who is good shouldn't want to either.

these are the kind of boards that bad players play bad, but don't realize they're bad players.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If KQ, QJ, QT, Q9 and maybe AQ are in his check/call flop check turn range, how many flush draw combos are you giving him?

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to the flush draws a fish is bound to call with hands that were middle,bottom or second pair on the flop.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've only read a few responses, please god just lock this thread now, i'd really rather not talk about stuff that has to do with this situation and board texture, and anyone out there who is good shouldn't want to either.

these are the kind of boards that bad players play bad, but don't realize they're bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i know, i thought about that.

FWIW, i made this as more of an exercise than as a question. I mean, i know MY play.

GOTTA GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY SOMETIMES.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If KQ, QJ, QT, Q9 and maybe AQ are in his check/call flop check turn range, how many flush draw combos are you giving him?

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to the flush draws a fish is bound to call with hands that were middle,bottom or second pair on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to reread my post.. just because you are beating his range on the turn doesnt mean you should be value betting. Ok so he has those hands but doesnt call a turn bet with them. So they're insignificant when deciding to value bet.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol you guys realize that when value betting the number of hands in his calling range that you're beating has to be greater than the number of hands that he's beating you with right???
If KQ, QJ, QT, Q9 and maybe AQ are in his check/call flop check turn range, how many flush draw combos are you giving him? Everybody think he's calling the turn w/ TT, 99, 88? I really doubt that. I guess betting the turn could be right but it's definitely not obviously right.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this to an extent. OP only says player is a "bit of a calling station", and somehow people are turning that into "calls with any pair or piece of the board". players who fit the description are generally folding TT-88 here. i really don't think it's as cut and dried as people are acting, as i don't think he calls with too many worse hands except draws. convince me more
Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't want to shower us with your bountiful wisdom then stfu. nobody asked your permission to do this thread.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, i made this as more of an exercise than as a question. I mean, i know MY play.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

because I mean like my post was a complete joke, I'm testing msnl ldo, sometimes I think I should charge people an annual fee for reading my posts. you know, like, I know what MY play would be in that situation, just don't want to alert the bad players to what the correct play is by making this post, know what I mean?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

because I mean like my post was a complete joke, I'm testing msnl ldo, sometimes I think I should charge people an annual fee for reading my posts. you know, like, I know what MY play would be in that situation, just don't want to alert the bad players to what the correct play is by making this post, know what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know if you're being serious and there are too many words in that last sentence for it to warrant being reread bc im lazy.

holla.

also, i think my answer to you is yes.