Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

Background: 30 people left, 27 get paid in the Caesar's 10k. I am chipleader, Zeejustin knows me as Psyduck from online. I think we're 8 handed or so. Effective stacks 300k (I have 370k, and am chipleader and he's in top 3). He pretty much knows how aggressive I am preflop since I've opened more than my fair share of pots since coming to the table, and I've told him that I've been 3-betting people with T2o and such, but I dunno what he thinks about how I play postflop. He and I have not tangled in a pot together since I arrived at the table. From what I can tell, he has been playing fairly tight/aggro as well, he's not opening too loose and I haven't seen him double barrel anyone yet. On to the hand:

He opens from CO to 11k (blinds 2k/4k w/ 1k ante), and I flat in SB with JcTc. BB who is fairly tight folds. Flop is T92r one club. I check. He bets out 16k. I call fairly quickly.

Turn Jh, putting out two hearts. I check. He fires out 35k fairly fast (note that timing tells are useless against someone like him for the most part, although maybe he has to think a little bit more with a hand like KK, deciding whether he is playing for pot control or for stacks).

How do you play on from here? If you guys know results, please do not post them.

If you c/r and he calls, what is your plan on specific rivers (4 to a straight / heart hits / board pairs), since I am assuming people are calling his push if you c/r big enough. If you c/c, what is your plan on specific rivers again?

I think this is a fairly interesting hand.

edit: thoughts on preflop and flop play are welcome too! I actually think preflop is a call vs most people on earth but a fold vs the top 0.05% MTTers