Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.)

If it's fake, why would helmuth spend 15 min. begging for insurance?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM

your OP is funny cuz the show you claim is fake is the real one and the show you claim as real is the fake one. well done, OP, well done.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:25 PM

A guy in the airport mens room the other day (no, he wasnt a senator) told me that he had heard from his wife's second cousin, who bowls with Doyle's yardman, that Doyle said that HSP is legit. So there!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guy in the airport mens room the other day (no, he wasnt a senator)

[/ QUOTE ]

Too Soon?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 PM

this can't be fake. I heard that Brad Booth bought into that High Stakes Poker TV Show with A Cool Million.

By definition, if anyone buys into that high stakes poker tv show with A Cool Million, then it certainly isn't fake.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your OP is funny cuz the show you claim is fake is the real one and the show you claim as real is the fake one. well done, OP, well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

You response is even better, b/c as you'll notice in my OP, I personally claimed nothing.

These threads are like that rumor game, you whisper something in someone's ear and then see how it morphs about 20 people down the line.

I just repeated verbatim what was said to me at a poker table. If you notice, which you didn't, I stated that I didn't believe it.

Sooooooo, there, nyah!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO I don't think HSP is fake, and I agree with an earlier poster that if it is fake, the players deserve oscars.

In comparison, I do question PAD. They must have deals made ahead of time, etc. There is NO EMOTION on there EVER. There is TV drama, but no emotions tied to the cards. Plus in reading so many of their books, blogs etc. what makes the WSOP so great is the EXACT opposite of PAD. Huge fields of fish versus 6 sharks, WINNER TAKE ALL?!?!?! Seriously?! Who would get in this game repeatedly without a greater respect for the winners. Hansen has 3 WPT titles, Doyle, Chan and Helmuth are sick with their 31 WSOP bracelets, but if PAD is legit, from top to bottom, I am more impressed with these winners ESPECIALLY at super tough tables. Not to beat this horse more, but how many times have you heard pros talk about what a bad table they drew at this tournament or the next, those are, with exception for the big HORSE tourney, for much less than the $20,000 or $50,000 required for PAD. AND THIS IS WINNER TAKE ALL, alledgedly.

I say HSP real, PAD questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've won a much tougher sng than anything seen on PAD. True story.

[/ QUOTE ]

details or link please. I believe you b/c if you are who I think you are then you won one of the Party super steps or whatever the hell they were called. Did you buy straight into the top step? Were you backed in it? Who else notable played in it? How many of them went off total? etc.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Scotty's still bitter about the WSOP.

No way HSP is fake.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO I don't think HSP is fake, and I agree with an earlier poster that if it is fake, the players deserve oscars.

In comparison, I do question PAD. They must have deals made ahead of time, etc. There is NO EMOTION on there EVER. There is TV drama, but no emotions tied to the cards. Plus in reading so many of their books, blogs etc. what makes the WSOP so great is the EXACT opposite of PAD. Huge fields of fish versus 6 sharks, WINNER TAKE ALL?!?!?! Seriously?! Who would get in this game repeatedly without a greater respect for the winners. Hansen has 3 WPT titles, Doyle, Chan and Helmuth are sick with their 31 WSOP bracelets, but if PAD is legit, from top to bottom, I am more impressed with these winners ESPECIALLY at super tough tables. Not to beat this horse more, but how many times have you heard pros talk about what a bad table they drew at this tournament or the next, those are, with exception for the big HORSE tourney, for much less than the $20,000 or $50,000 required for PAD. AND THIS IS WINNER TAKE ALL, alledgedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

details or link please. I believe you b/c if you are who I think you are then you won one of the Party super steps or whatever the hell they were called. Did you buy straight into the top step? Were you backed in it? Who else notable played in it? How many of them went off total? etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a live SNG in vegas consisting of like 7 of the 10 best SNG players in the world and bones, who won it.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a live SNG in vegas consisting of like 7 of the 10 best SNG players in the world and bones, who looked for excuses to brag about it.

[/ QUOTE ]