Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:16 PM

Default 15/30 LO8 weird turn card/action

I'm having a ton of trouble reading these hands. Button is loose and bad (like 70/9/.51) and BB is loose and aggro and plays typical for these stakes. I have no idea why BB is checking this turn after capping flop.

$15/$30 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
4 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$1485.00</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$445.00</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$315.00</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$603.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($25, 4 players) Hero is CO 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, BTN calls $30, SB calls $20, BB calls $15

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($120, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, BTN calls $30, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $45</font>, BB calls $30, Hero calls $15, BTN calls $15

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($300, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero...
Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: 15/30 LO8 weird turn card/action

Easy to explain his check on the turn. He holds 6-9 but doesnt have a low, and now he figures there is a low made and someone may have the same str8 or a bigger one.

Anyway, I bet and hope to fold one of them and have a better chance at half the pot, while still having scoop outs.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: 15/30 LO8 weird turn card/action

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a ton of trouble reading these hands. Button is loose and bad (like 70/9/.51) and BB is loose and aggro and plays typical for these stakes. I have no idea why BB is checking this turn after capping flop.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Donger - No big deal, but BB didn't cap the flop.

SB evidently has a straight. I'd read it for the nut straight, but it possibly could be the 2nd nut straight. Hard to tell without knowing SB. With some SBs it's hard to tell if you do know them. Could just be some wacko, out of left field, bet.

Anyhow, for some reason SB decides not to push after the turn. It does make one wonder. (Note that "push" has a slightly different meaning here in fixed-limit than in pot-limit or no-limit).

At any rate, I'd bet the turn. At this point you have two pairs and 2nd nut low. Bet and see what happens. Button will probably be worried about another check-raise and might get out of the way. And if SB does check-raise again, BB might get out as well.

Buzz