Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Default Continuation bets on flop and turn

Against one or two loose opponenets, should you tend to bet a more drawy flop and again on the turn(because they will be more prone to peel) or a more blank flop (cause they think you have [censored]). I realize this is really general but what do you guys tend to do on the flop and turn.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Continuation bets on flop and turn

and I'm talking about c-betting with low to mid pocket pair or high cards preflop
Old 06-21-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Continuation bets on flop and turn

Against one opponent, the flop doesn't matter. I am making a continuation bet no matter what. If the flop is barren, I'm assuming for now that my hand is ahead, so I'm betting for value. If the board is really drawy or otherwise scary-looking (like a monotone flop), it probably looks scary to villain as well, so I might as well try to fold him out. I honestly can't think of a flop I would not c-bet with against a lone opponent.

Against two opponents, I'm more inclined to c/c or c/f as the case may be. Let's say the board is monotone or shows three consecutive straight cards. I think I take this down with a flop bet against a lone opponent often enough to make a c-bet worthwhile, but adding another loose opponent (who might chase me down with bottom pair or whatever) changes things.

SSHE does a good job of covering this stuff.