Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This must be the most absurd collection of words I've ever read on 2+2, in one post.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're just not educated regarding concepts like avg hand risk distribution curve (using risk in the 2-sided mathematical sense). You need to take a basic course in probability.

You're also uneducated regarding how a flood of similar-style players into the ecosystem necessarily implies that your profitability will suffer unless you move away from their over-reliance on similar patterns. You need to take a basic course in game theory.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is necessarily true; however...

[/ QUOTE ]

(note: not sure if your last post was a joke, it might very well be, so I'm replying seriously)

Soulman, Just for the record, I happened to take all the "basic courses" in those areas. And more (edit: but surely I'm very very far from being an expert on these). Not that I care to defend my understanding of any these subjects. I really don't need to, on those boards. The fact that I don't tend to post in an overly "mathematical" manner, should not confuse you, and I have good reasons for not doing so, I believe.

It's nice that you find baltostar's ideas worthy of your thinking seriously about what he actually means, and in what ways it might relate to actual poker, but sadly, he fails, miserably and repeatedly, to make any coherent sense, even if some of his points are true in the most basic and uninteresting way. See my little dialog posted on the QQ thread.

Also, and as an example, a few times during those "baltostar's threads", he used the term "game theory" in completely irrelevant and flat-out wrong contexts, and few people have made comments about that. This is a symptom found in a lot of his "arguments".