Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: This was fun. AK vs some dudes

[ QUOTE ]
Spewtastic

I don't river value bet the AK UI, even against a 80/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Without button being put all in this looks kinda ugly. I don't think I bet river in any case, what is he calling down with that you beat here?

[/ QUOTE ]

imo the river is close between betting and check calling, folding would never even enter my mind.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. Ah... buddy has no stack. Not much point in keeping him betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I like your connection to the flop. Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is of course standard. Now the flop hits, and i ask, what has changed? Not much. This is a great flop, and i was 90% certain i had the best hand. The one problem is that aggro button could have a pp, (which is bad only in the sense that i am going to draw out later in the hand). Regardless, i am more than willing to put button in and collect the bets from the sidepot with calling station co.

pjn
Old 11-24-2006, 08:48 PM

Yeah, makes sense. NH, thanks for it.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:01 PM

river is a slight spew, let's say he calls every hand including T high.
Enter the board and your hand vs a random hand on poker tracker.

Random hand equity = 66%
You = 33%

So this is assuming he doesn't get agressive with any twopair+ hands as well as calling hands with 7 high on the river, I think it may balance.

Since he's so loose passive, he wont bet everything that beats you either. In fact if the pot weren't so enormous you can probabily check/fold to a player like this.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river is a slight spew, let's say he calls every hand including T high.
Enter the board and your hand vs a random hand on poker tracker.

Random hand equity = 66%
You = 33%

So this is assuming he doesn't get agressive with any twopair+ hands as well as calling hands with 7 high on the river, I think it may balance.

Since he's so loose passive, he wont bet everything that beats you either. In fact if the pot weren't so enormous you can probabily check/fold to a player like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but given the size of the pot, folding is not an option. Since he will check through every hand i beat, bet many hands that beat me, and rarely, but possibly, bet hands that i beat, betting if far superiour to checking. If he were more aggro, checking and letting him bluff would have been better.

This is an additional reason i enjoyed this line so much. nut no pair is a great hand vs these two, and by bloating the pot early, (which is seldom a mistake) i also justify taking this hand to showdown, which is often quite profitable.

pjn
Old 11-24-2006, 11:41 PM

Seems perfect. BT is staking off or maybe he hit. You're better off getting his money in as early as possible in case he gets a sudden attack of intelligence and decides to save some money with a hopeless hand. CO's calls mean little since he calls when he has any chance. On this flop, that's about anything. So the flop and turn are pretty obvious. On the river, you're stuck between some rather unattractive plays. Betting a pretty weak hand in the hopes of getting called by an even weaker hand. Checking and guessing as to whether the passive guy bluffs enough to call. Since I'm pretty sure he'll call with enough worse hands to bet and almost never bluff raise, I'll take my chances with betting.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:52 AM

bet/folding the river seems too obv the way this hand played out and considering the reads.

bbbu