Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Completely ridiculous Pokerstars new disconnect policy

I actually enjoy it when the guy i'm playing gets disconnected and it's a race to steal his blinds as fast as possible.

And my FAVORITE is when he comes back and reconnects, right when he is down to 15 chips and all in.

Brings a smile to my face everytime.

If you don't like it, get better internets.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 PM

I don't really mind it doing something like this heads-up.
But the policy seems to get implemented at weird times.

I think sometimes the software automatically sits a player out and other times it does the all-in disconnect-protect thing for him. And I'm not positive Stars knows that it does it differently for different situations somehow.

That's my experience anyway.

I played an MTT and I don't think we were near the bubble and one player was out and we had to wait freaking 4 and then 3 minutes on 2 different hands while it waited ALL that time for him to come back. It was freaking horrible and hte other tables got to continue playing. I complained to Stars about it and they gave a similar explanation of why all players deserve an appropriate amount of time to come back.
Pretty ridiculous imo.

This was at least 2 yrs ago though so I don't know if this is possible anymore. But making a whole table wait for 240 seconds for a run-of-the-mill preflop decision when the guy had 50 or so BB's and we were not near the bubble while all the other tables get to keep on playing was really inappropriate imo.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM

I play poker from the comfort of my home, playing hands almost instantly dealt, instead of the old 30+ hands an hour live.

I (most likely) have a higher standard of living than 90%+ of the worlds population.

I play poker to try and win some $$.

Then some poor guy disconnects while playing me, and GOD DAMN IT, ITS TAKING TOO LONG TO GET THIS FREE MONEY!!!!!!

I HAVE TO WAIT LONG SECONDS---EVEN MINUTES----JESUS CHRIST, ALMOST 45 OF EM TO GET THIS FREE MONEY!!!

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:45 AM

Whatever just wait till it happens to you. It's completely inconvenient and WAY OVERBOARD. On avg these SNG's take 15 min, so when it takes 40 minutes for mindless activity... it pisses me off.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 AM

haha, i would just disconnect for 5 mins just to tilt my oppo ... maybe he left b/c he can't take it anymore lol

never done this but it would be funny
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 AM

The OP has a point in that it is frustrating to wait for the time to lapse then next hand the same thing after a raise.

Yes, we need to allow a decent time for the opponent to try and reconnect but once that has gone then they should be auto folded on all future hands.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 AM

Than You stars.

I got disconnected for ~ 10 mins today because of my isp, when i logged back on i saw i had ~200 chips remaining and went on to win the HU SNG.

The people that are really annoyed can always open another sng.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the worst thing that happens to you today is that you win a SNG slowly, it is not a bad day.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo the poicly is very flawed also.

For Example: in a 6 handed tourny if this happens at the 3 or 4 handed mode the player simply is SAT-OUT, when the play moves to heads up if it does, the player is then given time to act if he disc at that time. If a player is sat-out when its 3 handed and you bust the other active player, then the other player is still sat out HU from what i can remmember.

Either way sitting a player out who dis when HU for longer then 3-4 minutes is a joke. It doesnt take that long to resett internet conenction imo, and the player probably isnt coming back after the 5 minute mark.

flame away.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I actually have to wait before I win a $5 sit and go just by showing up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Really really good policy from PS I think. If you don't like it just play elsewhere. I can't think of another site which has such a generous disconnect policy.