Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
I really do not understand what is so misleading about what Chris said to Jerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

There really wasn't anything misleading about what Chris said to Jerry.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 AM

Oh and I AM VERY PLEASED with what I made this year, even tho y'all keep telling me that im not.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 AM

Thank the Lord for RR.

I'm not even gonna waste my time touching the crux of this topic, but just wanted to bold some stuff RR wrote for future reference for everyone, complainers and non.

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't complain when the dealers aren't so good anymore.

if players (in general) want good dealers they have to be willing to pay them enough for them to forgo their other opportunities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple other notes on random things I saw while skimming:

- Bellagio dealers are hired to deal all games in the room, from 2/5NL to tournament tables to having to suffer with a prickly Sammy Farha or Johnny Chan at Table 1 in Bobby's Room to doing the 300/600 Mix and 100/200 LHE upstairs. This was in reference to dealer rotations and someone asking if there were set rotations for the "good" dealers in the bigger places. AFAIK, some California rooms do separate the dealers into specific rotations.

- I am a poker dealer, and though I'm not a Harvard grad or have a law degree, I used to work extensively in IT (and not as some help desk jockey) for 5+ years before taking up the career change. The only servers I ever wanna screw around with anymore in my life are the ones serving cocktails. I'll stick to getting annoyed that Windows is trying to install an useless update on my laptop while I'm in the middle of a World of Warcrack raid.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:22 AM

wonder how much money op has cost her fellow dealers with this thread ? Seams that the New Jersey laws are correct. If dealers feel they should be better compensated they need to have higher standards, unionize and get paid better-not expect tips for a living.

Any person who is supposed to be impartial during a competition should not be tipped at all. Next we will see Peyton Manning tipping a ref...Floyd Mayweather tipping a judge etc.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any person who is supposed to be impartial during a competition should not be tipped at all. Next we will see Peyton Manning tipping a ref...Floyd Mayweather tipping a judge etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would make perfect sense if Harrah's hired mechanics to deal the wsop.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wonder how much money op has cost her fellow dealers with this thread ? Seams that the New Jersey laws are correct. If dealers feel they should be better compensated they need to have higher standards, unionize and get paid better-not expect tips for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]

and im not the original poster fool
Old 07-22-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and im not the original poster fool

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you are the original source.

If you don't tip off Dan at Pokerati, no article gets written, and the OP here doesn't have a story to link to.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 PM

PKRP,

Actually I feel the fool is the person who comes to a board filled with the people who tip her and continuouslly insult them and refuse to give any real info.

If you feel this is the way to make us see your point and give you what you feel is fair you need some learning to do on tact and diplomacy.

Hell I would feel uncomfortable with you dealing any table I was at as I dont trust you to be impartial.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and I AM VERY PLEASED with what I made this year, even tho y'all keep telling me that im not.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're so pleased why do you keep insisting you need to be on the player advisory board? Im pretty positive after reading this thread players have no issue with the percentage you received. Weather you like it or not players tipped out 1.8%. Your share was less but still all 1.8% was left by the players.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:41 AM

Since no one wants to say, I'll clear the air.

Dealers for the first two weeks made exactly the same down rate - $25.60/hour. That is a fact. The question is how many downs did the dealers get?

IN an 8-hour shift, if the dealers had a potential to get 16 downs but got only 10 instead, they made $256/day.

If they worked 5 days/week, they made 256 x 5 = 1230/week.
They also made 6.15/hr x 40 = 246/week.

Total per week = 1230 + 246 = 1476/week.

1476/week times 6 weeks = 8856.

I will leave it to the posters to decide if that is a fair number or not, but I have seen the paystubs of a few dealers, and it is anywhere from 8K to 10K, and that does not include any cash-game action they may or may not have dealt.

pkrporcupine - call my bluff and tell me these numbers are wrong. Tell me that $25.60/down is not accurate, tell me the average dealer didn't make 8K for 6 weeks????????

I know it and can prove it.

Look, Jesus Ferguson is a notorious non-toker. But, and if one is honest here, a lot of money is being jacked from the prize pool to toke dealers who simply are not very good.

I agree HET created a lot of bad will vis-a-vis toking, but fair is fair, 8-10 dimes for 6 weeks work is pretty damn good.

If dealers are treated so badly - QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread