Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
happyjaypee happyjaypee is offline

Location: Stacking off whit one pair
Default ACCOUNT HACKED!!!! FTP quick action saves my BR

Phew, that was a close one...

This morning, I was in class from 8am to 11am. I played a short session during the diner break, ended it at noon. After that I had class up to 3pm, worked on some things until 4pm and then decided to take a break and play two turbo SnG.

I open FTP and click login... (I have "save my password" on)

I get an "invalid password" prompt...

I try typing it a couple time and realise what is going on. I immediatly e-mail FTPsecurity to let them know my password has been remotly changed and ask them to lock my account.

2min later : I get this e-mail :

[ QUOTE ]

>>From: Full Tilt Poker - Security <security@fulltiltpoker.com>
>>To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
>>Subject: Re: URGENT ACCOUNT HACKED!!!! (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
>>Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:09:32 -0800 (PST)
>>
>>Hello XXXXXXXXXXX,
>>
>>This message is to confirm that your account, "XXXXXXXXXX", has been
>>suspended as per your request.

>>We are currently investigating this issue and will respond to you
>>shortly.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Heather
>>Security and Fraud
>>Full Tilt Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I followed with a more torought e-mail telling them when I last logged in (basically the stuff at the top of this post) and my account balance this morning.

40min later :

[ QUOTE ]

Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
RollinHand RollinHand is offline

Location: America, Land of the..OH WAIT!
Default Re: ACCOUNT HACKED!!!! FTP quick action saves my BR

LOL! You run good dude!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
happyjaypee happyjaypee is offline

Location: Stacking off whit one pair

[ QUOTE ]
LOL! You run good dude!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironicaly, I did'nt this month. Guess it even out heh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
LeapFrog LeapFrog is offline

Location: Mystery time!

Any ideas as to how your security was compromised?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Jzo19 Jzo19 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas as to how your security was compromised?

Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
happyjaypee happyjaypee is offline

Location: Stacking off whit one pair

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas as to how your security was compromised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no...

I have an up-to-date version of windowsXP, an up-to-date anti-virus, I run on a regular basis 4 deifferent anti-spyware software (spy-bot, ad-aware, AVG, SUPERAntiSpyware) and I always have an anti-keylogger soft running...

I study in computer technologie so I'm an above average user. I can garantie you my comp is safe... Maybe this one was so new that the virus/spyware/keylogger deffinitions were not up to date...
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Yoshi63 Yoshi63 is offline

Kinda makes FTP's software look bad, but still - props to FTP's security staff?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
pattay pattay is offline

Location: owned by all except too eazy

this is a level imo
Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
LeapFrog LeapFrog is offline

Location: Mystery time!

[ QUOTE ]

Actually no...

I have an up-to-date version of windowsXP, an up-to-date anti-virus, I run on a regular basis 4 deifferent anti-spyware software (spy-bot, ad-aware, AVG, SUPERAntiSpyware) and I always have an anti-keylogger soft running...

I study in computer technologie so I'm an above average user. I can garantie you my comp is safe... Maybe this one was so new that the virus/spyware/keylogger deffinitions were not up to date...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't been using another computer to login to FTP, then barring some funky inside job (extremely unlikely, I assume pwds are 1 way encrypted, etc), or funky man in the middle attack (or something of that nature, also extremely unlikely), the breech is on your end. I would certainly recommend a reformat.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline

Location: spite shoving minraises

heh, your account prolly stays locked for like a month now