Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

Ugh...I'm losing every flip today.

I'm running well below expectation over my last 300k hands. Make it stop!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM

Question for you Regulars

I just started making Platinum every month (last 4 or so). I generally play exactly enough to maintain that level. But since I started so late in the year, I now need about 30k points to make Supernova (which is exactly double what I normally play), Is it worth it to kill myself to make Supernova? How much money gained are we talking about for next year? I currently play 100nl. I am not a pro, I just play as a hobby
Old 11-15-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people who get banned get the solar eclipse for an icon? Atleast I think that is an eclipse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know this?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just started making Platinum every month (last 4 or so). I generally play exactly enough to maintain that level. But since I started so late in the year, I now need about 30k points to make Supernova (which is exactly double what I normally play), Is it worth it to kill myself to make Supernova? How much money gained are we talking about for next year? I currently play 100nl. I am not a pro, I just play as a hobby

[/ QUOTE ]

Worth it IMO since you are going to be pretty close, as you will get the extra FPP's for the first 6 months next year if you keep hitting Plat every month.

If you just do the 10k/month and thats it, you would basically be getting an extra 10k FPP's/month first half of the year, so thats 60k FPP's, which is about $900 since you could also then purchase the $1500 bonuses instead of the $650's.

Plus you would be able to play in the extra freeroll every week. I am 16k short right now, so I should make it around mid Dec. hopefully.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It will cost you 100,000 frequent player points next year, or $1500.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you high FPP earners spend them as soon as you get 100k for those $1500 bonii, or do you save them up so you can look at them as one massive accumulation of glory?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to spend mine until January so I don't have to pay taxes on it this year. I will have to pay next year, but my school looks at how much I made this year to determine financial aid so it will just mean less free money.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do you high FPP earners spend them as soon as you get 100k for those $1500 bonii, or do you save them up so you can look at them as one massive accumulation of glory?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to spend mine until January so I don't have to pay taxes on it this year. I will have to pay next year, but my school looks at how much I made this year to determine financial aid so it will just mean less free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, borrowed money isn't free money...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people who get banned get the solar eclipse for an icon? Atleast I think that is an eclipse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't "turn into" that icon, a lot of new accounts/trolls take the stock icons as their avatars, and get banned within 100 posts so maybe that confuses you. They choose that stock icon and get banned with it as much as they choose the film canister, the sphinx, the stone head, the baseball, the mona lisa etc etc
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, borrowed money isn't free money...

[/ QUOTE ]

its not borrowed, its given
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM

ty

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $97
Hero (SB): $409.50
BB: $139.60
UTG: $374
MP: $384
CO: $120

CO posts $4
Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $24

Flop: ($72) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $56</font>, UTG calls $56

Turn: ($184) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $132</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $316</font>, UTG calls $154 and is All-In

River: ($756) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $756 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON $753 (+$379 NET)
UTG showed 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Fours) and LOST (-$374 NET)
Closed Thread