Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: do you chop? no, i prefer to play my five deuce offsuit, kthx

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop. since you didn't, check the flop, the pot is to small for even a semi bluff.

as played, call the turn and fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played poker before?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Just for the record, arent you supposed to not look at your cards before accepting a chop?

If not then not chopping 52s would be setting monies on fire?

some content too,; Since SB chose to complete I don't think we can raise pre flop, online I think its an option since it will force SB to play more straight forward in the future but in a live game where people chop the blinds I think its bad.

Flop is a value bet, turn is a raise and river is probably a call I think we are gettig 3-bet a lot if behind and I think we are behind fairy often.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have seen him do things like donk middle pair into a field of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this means that you're assuming he's capable of bluffing in general? If so, betting the flop has relatively little value as protecting your hand in a baby pot costs more than you give up by letting him "draw".
Old 11-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for the record, arent you supposed to not look at your cards before accepting a chop?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when you're in the blinds you don't look at your cards until somebody else at the table puts money in the pot? More to the point, does everybody else at your live tables do this, too?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM

I only played live once so I wouldn't know, but I recall having read somewhere that its bad manners to look at your cards before deciding to chop?

(during my Vegas trip I did look at my cards in the BB and was offered a chop and took it, but I felt bad about it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] maybe I shouldn't have?)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this means that you're assuming he's capable of bluffing in general? If so, betting the flop has relatively little value as protecting your hand in a baby pot costs more than you give up by letting him "draw".

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be correct if we didn't have a OESD to go with our pur
Old 11-28-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when you're in the blinds you don't look at your cards until somebody else at the table puts money in the pot? More to the point, does everybody else at your live tables do this, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

at foxwoods 4-8 yes, it's only maybe once per hour (25-30 hands) it's folded to SB, and it's chopped 99% of the time. Most people don't like to know what they are giving up, so they don't look until neeed. Personally I do so I can begin formulating my plan, but I am in the minority. Note the rake at 2-4 and 4-8 is $2 on the flop, so if SB completes and BB checks they are each in for $4 for a $6 pot, a pro against an idiot has a hard time making that up.

The only time I've seen a chop request denied in about 50 hours of play this year it was folded to SB, BB says 'chop?' SB says 'no' and completes. BB mucks his hand in disgust before the flop.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be correct if we didn't have a OESD to go with our pur

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you're right. My bad.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only played live once so I wouldn't know, but I recall having read somewhere that its bad manners to look at your cards before deciding to chop?

(during my Vegas trip I did look at my cards in the BB and was offered a chop and took it, but I felt bad about it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] maybe I shouldn't have?)

[/ QUOTE ]

To be quite honest, I've never chopped the blinds, but I abhor ties. That said, at Commerce and various other SoCal and Vegas cardrooms where I've played I've never noticed anyone waiting to look at their cards in the blinds to make sure it doesn't chop. It almost never gets folded to the blinds either, tho.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a decision to always play or always chop. Then it doesn't matter what you see.

Sometimes when this happens, there's a quick flurry of "Do you chop?" going around the table as everyone tries to figure out where the guys next to them stand on the issue.