Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Moscow Millions Satellite- 3 hands

Hi, everybody. Just came home from Moscow Millions Satellite. $230 buy-in(2500 chips), $200 rebuy /add-on(2500/5000 chips). 58 entrants, first 3 or 4 (maybe more) receive ticket to the Moscow Millions Main Event ($10 000 buy-in)

I have some questions about hands I played and it would be nice if you could help me with your comments.

I post a few hands together because players and tournament are the same so it is easier to analyze.

Hand 1. Blinds $50-$100, rebuy period.

Hero is on BB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3500 chips). MP2($5000 in chips) is a very aggressive and very loose player. He was caught bluffing for several times, made many rebuys and raised very often with medium and bad hands.

Hero has a tight player image.

<font color="red"> MP2 raises to $300</font>, everybody folds, Hero Calls $200.
Flop($700) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, MP2 checks

Turn($700) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $300, MP2 calls $300

River($1300) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero notices that MP2 holds all his chips in his hand as if he is going to push all-in. MP2 notices that hero notices and asks if Hero would like to push. I thought it was a sign of a weak hand, but anyway

Hero bets $1500, MP2 calls 1500.

Earlier I had the same situation with this player, I had 55 on a Q85 rainbow board and I lead on the flop and on the turn we went all-in(he had QQ), so he knows I usually lead with my sets. Should I really lead in this hand again? Or checking flop is good here? He knows that I'm a solid player, so I'm more likely to hit K or Q on the flop than him.

Hand2. Blinds $200-$400 rebuy period has just ended.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button with $12 000 chips. Everybody folds to MP1($8100 in chips) who calls $400. MP1 is a very strange player from England. He played many hands, so he can be considered rather loose preflop and aggressive postflop. He was rather hard to read, because he pushed all-in and called big shoves with just a small FD.

So, everybody folds to Hero, who raises $1600, SB and BB fold,MP1 calls

Flop($3800) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP1 bets $3000, Hero raises to $6500, MP1 calls $3500 and is all-in.

How would you play this hand? Would you call or raise preflop? Would you raise on the flop?

Hand 3. Blinds $300-$600.

Hero($3300) is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .UTG+1($20 000) limps, 2 fold, Hero?

UTG+1 is a player from Hand2. There are several very aggressive players with big stacks sitting after Hero that are very likely to call his shove.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Moscow Millions Satellite- 3 hands

1) I like a flop lead, esp against aggro players bloats the pot as soon as possible. As played lead 900 or 1Kish or river, whatever you think will make him push over top

2) I play it the same. You are way ahead of his range.

3) Jam