Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $484.75
Button: $186.10
Hero: $435.65
BB: $391

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($22, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($52, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $96</font>, BB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($244, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $163</font>

Reads and thoughts...

BB is 2p2's very own ikestoys. i had only been at the table 20ish hands and hadnt really been involved in much besides a pfr and a cbet or 2. ikestoys hadnt done much either and had been playin standard up to this point. i was prolly playin 22 19 5 or sumtin but had yet to show down a hand.

we played with each other several months ago bfore ikestoys moved up but i have no idea if he remembers me or has n e notes or stats from that so who knows.

so wut do u think... good, bad, meh??? bigger bets on the turn and river???
Old 11-20-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: 1/2nl in which i attempt a DEEP bluff against IKESTOYS

i'm really interested in what ppl think i have and what i think he has here
Old 11-20-2007, 12:37 AM

I don't see him folding much that called the turn.. maybe QTss, but I think he raises that up on the flop (if he calls with it preflop). I don't know how ike runs, but I think he's a LAG, so his range is pretty wide pre, but he folds a J to the raise probably since he knows he might face another bet on the river.

I like the turn play, but I hate the river bet after he calls.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 AM

Since he's a pretty straight forward player I would assume he has some type of boat or overpair on the turn, but then the fact that you call is confusing, so I'm guessing you're putting him on air. You should be raising the flop with ATC, so your flop call is really weird, IMO.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:39 AM

well ur repping an overpair, JJ/99 or a bluff. maybe you play AJ this way?? but doubtful. w/ the flush draw out there on the flop I think he'd expect you to keep betting overpairs most of the time, so he'd probably discount them some from your perceived range. but as always, it depends on what he's seen and what you're capable of.

although as deep as you are, his range is fairly wide preflop so there are a lot of Jx type hands in his range which are likely pretty weak on this board.

all in all, I think theres enough doubt in your line for him to look you up here with any jack. I think betting 222 on the river would have worked better
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM

Before I even got to the turn action, I thought betting that card was best. That board is fairly drawy and if you held an overpair/set I don't think you are going for a c/r in fear of giving a free card. Also, that 4 most definitely didn't help Ike.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ike put you on spades actually with that line. I would probably give up on this river card but follow through with a river spade/broadway since your perceived range would be all over those cards while this 5 changes nothing. If he called your c/r light (by calling c/r standards) then he is most definitely going to make what looks like a hero call on that river even if it may have been fairly easy for him.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he's a pretty straight forward player I would assume he has some type of boat or overpair on the turn, but then the fact that you call is confusing, so I'm guessing you're putting him on air. You should be raising the flop with ATC, so your flop call is really weird, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Read better sir.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:44 AM

hero: it's hard to say he even has a polarized range here since he'd probably just keep firing with a big hand. the check raise here just looks like a bluff / QT or FD / counter-float / fps.

villain/ike: never folding the river. has a medium strength hand, 77-AJ, or a monster.

I don't think this is a good bluff because it looks so much like a bluff. I'd much prefer firing the turn planning to fire most rivers as well.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Read better sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm responding to Ikestoys, not OP.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm responding to Ikestoys, not OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh