Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 01-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
***ONE OTHER THING***

besides zurv/dmk lynched d1/d2, xorbie/iron/val were already getting heat as well...before any roleclaiming broke the game

so again, village was winning this game even with a fair ruleset a good majority of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Nich,

Same ruleset, add watergate (village PMs also go to wolves) and the game is almost perfect.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:33 PM

nich,

we also did not have n0 night chat, and never really managed to chat together. not your fault of course, just way too many wolves.

also we were completely screwed basically and none of us had any idea how the hell to pull this off, we so yeah, tough to play it as a villager.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fun facts:

Night one, both seers peeked each other
Night two, books protected himself so wolves got no kill
My title did, in fact, have final vote counts in it

[/ QUOTE ]

wait doctor could protect himself???

yet another nonstandard provillage rule.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Just to show a little bit of serious villager pwnage - here is the complete list of villagers who voted wolves for the electorate

FCBL - night 2 - voted DMK
Spook - night 2 - voted Valenzuela
Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MVP = THEBRAM

or whichever doctor pwned it up last night. soah, was that you?

anyway, nh village.

[/ QUOTE ]
geezuz shorty, youre hard to impress

i did peek shorty after he was voted in btw. i figured it was a wasted peek, but oh well

All,

It's probably pretty obvious by now but I had a different interpretation of the rules than Nich and some of you (though sources indicate that some agreed with mine). I interpreted a vote being bought as changing a person's vote. As a result if someone is on the bloc and their vote is bought, if they were voting with everyone else before, they no longer are and hence the bloc does not get extra voting power.

It's Nich's game, but I think next time it should be just a very simple setup. Say 7 or 8 wolves, 1 seer, maybe a vote buyer on each side and/or a double voter on each side, and 15 villagers. My initial idea for the final 3 was that you had congress and a president. Congress is two people, the president is obviously 1. You can't be both at the same time. You vote for congress and president. Top 2 vote getters in the congress race are elected, and the top in the presidential race is elected (this could also be changed so that there are 3 elections, one house, one senate, one president). Each congressman PMs the mod a person to be lynched. If they choose the same person, that person is the lynch. If they choose different people, then the president gets to decide which of the two is the lynch. Further rules would be term limits - you can have a role twice in a row but that's it, or something similar.

yeah, i focused on the gameplay mechanism and threw the roles together kinda late...i wanted more wolves than usual, but then more village info to counteract that...but gave too much info and too many roles...get rid of voting bloc/kidnapper and give evils a seer and it's much more balanced

i focused on setting up the eligibility, etc...i know the assassin was a 'pretty weak' role, but i wanted the debates on whether villagers should go for 12 electorates by day 4 or if they should put up 2 villagers + wolf candidate each night to basically get 2 lynches for every wolf kill...and debates on putting up 'strong villagery people' vs running on a 'lynch shorty' platform...etc
Old 01-19-2007, 03:36 PM

I think a lot of the wolfiness (not me, I suck) was desperation. We had to try & force something.

Also, had I known the vanilla wolves, I'm trying to throw one under the bus day 1. It may not have worked, but at least it's something. I was afraid to role-claim, because there were other wolves under suspicion, and I didn't know their roles.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MVP = THEBRAM

or whichever doctor pwned it up last night. soah, was that you?

anyway, nh village.

[/ QUOTE ]
geezuz shorty, youre hard to impress

i did peek shorty after he was voted in btw. i figured it was a wasted peek, but oh well

[/ QUOTE ]
hey, give me credit for following the seer's list [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] obv you had a great list.

[ QUOTE ]
Just to show a little bit of serious villager pwnage - here is the complete list of villagers who voted wolves for the electorate

FCBL - night 2 - voted DMK
Spook - night 2 - voted Valenzuela

[/ QUOTE ]
yikes